Paramount hired talent manager-turned-studio chief Brad Grey for his ability to attract stars. In his first week on the job, he seems to be making good on his reputation. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Paramount has assembled an all-star cast for Babel: newly-minted Oscar winner Cate Blanchett, former Grey client and business partner Brad Pitt, and Motorcycle Diaries star Gael Garcia Bernal. It’s a film from director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarrítu and screenwriter Guillermo Arriaga, the team behind 21 Grams and Amores Perros, the movie that put Garcia Bernal on the road to international stardom. Like those films, Babel will interweave several stories set in motion by a single catastrophy, in this case, a tragedy that strikes a married couple on vacation. The four stories are set in Morocco, Tunisia, Mexico, and Japan. No word on whether Grey, who used to negotiate for top dollar on behalf of his clients, was able to get the stars at bargain rates now that he’s working the other side of the fence.
Posted March 3 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Alexander Skarsgård dressed in drag for 'Teenage Girl' premiere
- 'UnREAL' postmortem: Creators talk finale, look ahead to season 2
- 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' will be back in theaters this fall
- Meet the Ares 3 crew in new clip from 'The Martian'
- Gillian Flynn returns to some 'Dark Places'
- Tony Hale loves, hates Harry Styles in 'The Comment Section' promo
- Meryl Streep took guitar lesson from Neil Young to prep for 'Ricki and the Flash' role