Paramount hired talent manager-turned-studio chief Brad Grey for his ability to attract stars. In his first week on the job, he seems to be making good on his reputation. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Paramount has assembled an all-star cast for Babel: newly-minted Oscar winner Cate Blanchett, former Grey client and business partner Brad Pitt, and Motorcycle Diaries star Gael Garcia Bernal. It’s a film from director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarrítu and screenwriter Guillermo Arriaga, the team behind 21 Grams and Amores Perros, the movie that put Garcia Bernal on the road to international stardom. Like those films, Babel will interweave several stories set in motion by a single catastrophy, in this case, a tragedy that strikes a married couple on vacation. The four stories are set in Morocco, Tunisia, Mexico, and Japan. No word on whether Grey, who used to negotiate for top dollar on behalf of his clients, was able to get the stars at bargain rates now that he’s working the other side of the fence.
Posted March 3 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- 'DWTS' is bringing back Maksim Chmerkovskiy: source
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt blazes through aptitude test in 'Snowden' clip
- Jon Favreau to direct Seth MacFarlane's space-set comedic drama 'Orville'
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj are reuniting for another VMAs performance
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...