Paramount hired talent manager-turned-studio chief Brad Grey for his ability to attract stars. In his first week on the job, he seems to be making good on his reputation. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Paramount has assembled an all-star cast for Babel: newly-minted Oscar winner Cate Blanchett, former Grey client and business partner Brad Pitt, and Motorcycle Diaries star Gael Garcia Bernal. It’s a film from director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarrítu and screenwriter Guillermo Arriaga, the team behind 21 Grams and Amores Perros, the movie that put Garcia Bernal on the road to international stardom. Like those films, Babel will interweave several stories set in motion by a single catastrophy, in this case, a tragedy that strikes a married couple on vacation. The four stories are set in Morocco, Tunisia, Mexico, and Japan. No word on whether Grey, who used to negotiate for top dollar on behalf of his clients, was able to get the stars at bargain rates now that he’s working the other side of the fence.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- First Look: Michael Kenneth Williams talks 'The Spoils Before Dying'
- Kiera Cass talks latest YA novel, 'The Heir'
- 'The Price Is Right' awards treadmill to contestant in wheelchair
- Louis C.K. to write, direct, and star in 'I'm a Cop'
- Martin Freeman joins 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Josh Charles joins 'Masters of Sex'
- Exclusive 'Finding Carter' trailer: Carter hooks up with ... Max?
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!