She launched her career in the ’80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-’90s Kristin Hersh had largely reinvented herself as an acoustic singer-songwriter with a disarming worldview and a gift for bone-chilling melodies. Now, with 50 Foot Wave, Hersh is plugged back in. Her clamorous return to Electric Ladyland does little, though, except to cover some fair tunes with layers of cathartic thrashing. We find ourselves hoping she gets back into spooky-folkie mode soon; it’s just so much more badass.
Golden Ocean She launched her career in the '80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-'90s Kristin Hersh had largely ...Golden OceanRock She launched her career in the '80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-'90s Kristin Hersh had largely ...2005-03-07
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Throwing Music
Posted March 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!