She launched her career in the ’80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-’90s Kristin Hersh had largely reinvented herself as an acoustic singer-songwriter with a disarming worldview and a gift for bone-chilling melodies. Now, with 50 Foot Wave, Hersh is plugged back in. Her clamorous return to Electric Ladyland does little, though, except to cover some fair tunes with layers of cathartic thrashing. We find ourselves hoping she gets back into spooky-folkie mode soon; it’s just so much more badass.
Golden Ocean She launched her career in the '80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-'90s Kristin Hersh had largely ...Golden OceanRock She launched her career in the '80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-'90s Kristin Hersh had largely ...2005-03-07
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Throwing Music
Posted March 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!