She launched her career in the ’80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-’90s Kristin Hersh had largely reinvented herself as an acoustic singer-songwriter with a disarming worldview and a gift for bone-chilling melodies. Now, with 50 Foot Wave, Hersh is plugged back in. Her clamorous return to Electric Ladyland does little, though, except to cover some fair tunes with layers of cathartic thrashing. We find ourselves hoping she gets back into spooky-folkie mode soon; it’s just so much more badass.
Golden Ocean She launched her career in the '80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-'90s Kristin Hersh had largely ...Golden OceanRock She launched her career in the '80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-'90s Kristin Hersh had largely ...2005-03-07
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Throwing Music
Posted March 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!