She launched her career in the ’80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-’90s Kristin Hersh had largely reinvented herself as an acoustic singer-songwriter with a disarming worldview and a gift for bone-chilling melodies. Now, with 50 Foot Wave, Hersh is plugged back in. Her clamorous return to Electric Ladyland does little, though, except to cover some fair tunes with layers of cathartic thrashing. We find ourselves hoping she gets back into spooky-folkie mode soon; it’s just so much more badass.
Golden Ocean She launched her career in the '80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-'90s Kristin Hersh had largely ...Golden OceanRock She launched her career in the '80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-'90s Kristin Hersh had largely ...2005-03-07
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Throwing Music
Posted March 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel' casts Rosa Salazar as lead
- WATCH: Dierks Bentley on what influenced new album 'Black'
- 'Top Gear' host Matt LeBlanc teases roofless car race
- Andy Samberg freestyles about bananas in Lonely Island 'Popstar' clip
- Nick Jonas on Miley Cyrus: 'I'm proud of her'
- Kate Beckinsale reveals her chocolate prank on 'Graham Norton Show'
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Inside Quicksilver's show-stopping sequence
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers