She launched her career in the ’80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-’90s Kristin Hersh had largely reinvented herself as an acoustic singer-songwriter with a disarming worldview and a gift for bone-chilling melodies. Now, with 50 Foot Wave, Hersh is plugged back in. Her clamorous return to Electric Ladyland does little, though, except to cover some fair tunes with layers of cathartic thrashing. We find ourselves hoping she gets back into spooky-folkie mode soon; it’s just so much more badass.
Golden Ocean She launched her career in the '80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-'90s Kristin Hersh had largely ...Golden OceanRock She launched her career in the '80s, howling into the maelstrom with art-punks Throwing Muses, but by the mid-'90s Kristin Hersh had largely ...2005-03-07
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Throwing Music
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!