Resurrected soul dude Solomon Burke came back strong with 2002’s smoldering Don’t Give Up on Me. But where that album was a slow burn, Burke’s latest, Make Do With What You Got, is more like a barn burner. Dipping into his boldface Rolodex for songs from Robbie Robertson, Bob Dylan, and others, Burke belts it out like he did for Atlantic during his ’60s salad days. Don Was’ appreciative arrangements leave room for the big man’s vocal majesty.
Make Do With What You GotResurrected soul dude Solomon Burke came back strong with 2002's smoldering Don't Give Up on Me. But where that album was a slow burn, Burke's ...Make Do With What You GotR&BResurrected soul dude Solomon Burke came back strong with 2002's smoldering Don't Give Up on Me. But where that album was a slow burn, Burke's ...2005-03-07
(Solomon Burke: Bernd Ott/Camera Press/Retna)
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Solomon Burke; Producer (group): Shout Factory
Posted March 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- George Harrison's estate posts throwback tribute to John Lennon
- Read an excerpt from Willie Nelson's Christmas book, 'Pretty Paper'
- Candace Cameron Bure is leaving 'The View'
- T-Pain haunts Smosh in 'Ghostmates' trailer — exclusive
- 'Rogue One' star Riz Ahmed raps about 'Star Wars' on 'Tonight Show'
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Cade visits Stefan in mid-season finale
- Yoko Ono pays tribute to John Lennon on anniversary of his death
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk