Inside its misleadingly adorable cover, Herman’s spare novella is a haiku of loneliness and human redemption. Jill Rosen is a 40ish poetry professor in a small Midwestern town whose only pleasures come from a good book, a midpriced bottle of wine, and the occasional pair of Italian leather shoes. Rosen’s spontaneous adoption of a soulful mutt surprises even her, and while the puppy does bring changes to her life, it doesn’t lead to the sort of dramatic revelations one would expect. Instead, Herman deftly peels back the layers of Rosen’s ingrained self-defenses to reach her once-joyful core.
Dog Inside its misleadingly adorable cover, Herman's spare novella is a haiku of loneliness and human redemption. Jill Rosen is a 40ish poetry professor...DogFictionMichelle Herman Inside its misleadingly adorable cover, Herman's spare novella is a haiku of loneliness and human redemption. Jill Rosen is a 40ish poetry professor...2005-03-21MacAdam/Cage
Genre: Fiction; Author: Michelle Herman; Publisher: MacAdam/Cage
Posted March 21 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Clarkson performs 'It's Quiet Uptown' on 'TODAY'
- Best of 2016: How 'Deadpool' became a record-breaking viral sensation
- 'Fast 8' trailer gets release date
- James Van Der Beek and Michelle Williams have a 'Dawson's Creek' reunion
- Jimmy Kimmel to host 2017 Oscars ceremony
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which movie should win Best Picture?
- Jude Law alarms everyone as 'The Young Pope' in tense new trailer
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday