This remake of Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner is a sitcomy culture clash. The smartest thing the filmmakers did was to get Bernie Mac to play the cranky-father Spencer Tracy role. As the white-boy fiancé, Ashton Kutcher is just an innocuous nice guy.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Bernie Mac, Zoe Saldana, Judith Scott; Director: Kevin Rodney Sullivan; Author: David Ronn, Jay Scherick; Release Date Wide: 03/25/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Posted April 4 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!