The sixth CD On My Way to Absence from Seattle’s musical Steinbeck opens with a shooting and ends with a burial. In the middle, widows weep, lovers split, and friendships go rancid with resentment. Other singer-songwriters might slather on the strings, but Damien Jurado — a gifted storyteller with an unsentimental eye for detail — makes minimalism his m.o. The songs are bare as winter trees, built from brittle guitars and crackling percussion. When they finally erupt — as ”Icicle” does — the contrast makes the combustion arresting.
On My Way to Absence The sixth CD On My Way to Absence from Seattle's musical Steinbeck opens with a shooting and ends with a burial. In the middle, widows...On My Way to Absence The sixth CD On My Way to Absence from Seattle's musical Steinbeck opens with a shooting and ends with a burial. In the middle, widows...2005-04-11
Lead Performer: Damien Jurado; Producer (group): Secretly Canadian
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!