To whip up Gina’s one-of-a-kind ”tool belt,” Queen Latifah called on the L.A.-based handbag house Junior Drake, whose fans include Ashanti. ”She wanted something flashy that matched her character’s attitude — fresh and creative,” says design director and longtime personal friend Tgia, who observed a dearth of fashionable options at beauty-supply stores. ”But she also wanted it to be functional and realistic.” Roomy enough to stash blow- dryer, scissors, andPDA, stylish patent- and metallic-leather creations are already being spotted around the waists of real hairstylists from the Beauty Shop set.
Posted April 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'