To whip up Gina’s one-of-a-kind ”tool belt,” Queen Latifah called on the L.A.-based handbag house Junior Drake, whose fans include Ashanti. ”She wanted something flashy that matched her character’s attitude — fresh and creative,” says design director and longtime personal friend Tgia, who observed a dearth of fashionable options at beauty-supply stores. ”But she also wanted it to be functional and realistic.” Roomy enough to stash blow- dryer, scissors, andPDA, stylish patent- and metallic-leather creations are already being spotted around the waists of real hairstylists from the Beauty Shop set.
Posted April 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' postmortem: Showrunner explains season 3
- Weekend box office: 'Madea' clobbers 'Jack Reacher' with $27.6 million
- 'Logan' image teases Dafne Keen as mutant X-23
- Nobel academy member calls Bob Dylan 'impolite and arrogant'