To whip up Gina’s one-of-a-kind ”tool belt,” Queen Latifah called on the L.A.-based handbag house Junior Drake, whose fans include Ashanti. ”She wanted something flashy that matched her character’s attitude — fresh and creative,” says design director and longtime personal friend Tgia, who observed a dearth of fashionable options at beauty-supply stores. ”But she also wanted it to be functional and realistic.” Roomy enough to stash blow- dryer, scissors, andPDA, stylish patent- and metallic-leather creations are already being spotted around the waists of real hairstylists from the Beauty Shop set.
Posted April 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!