To whip up Gina’s one-of-a-kind ”tool belt,” Queen Latifah called on the L.A.-based handbag house Junior Drake, whose fans include Ashanti. ”She wanted something flashy that matched her character’s attitude — fresh and creative,” says design director and longtime personal friend Tgia, who observed a dearth of fashionable options at beauty-supply stores. ”But she also wanted it to be functional and realistic.” Roomy enough to stash blow- dryer, scissors, andPDA, stylish patent- and metallic-leather creations are already being spotted around the waists of real hairstylists from the Beauty Shop set.
Posted April 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Netflix raised the price of its most popular subscription
- Pacino or De Niro? Which actor 'wins' 'Heat'?
- Listen to the full version of Bad Mannequins' 'No Easy Way Out' from 'Limitless' — exclusive
- 'Straight Outta Compton' director confirms 'Furious 8' job
- See Don Cheadle as Miles Davis in first 'Miles Ahead' clip
- Andrew Rannells to reign in 'Hamilton' as King George