A Picasso-studded penthouse owned by a fugitive financier provides the setup for a heist — and richly comic mayhem — in Donald E. Westlake’s latest caper. Unrepentantly boorish tycoon Preston Fareweather hides out from his vengefully grasping ex-wives in Club Med, leaving his Fifth Avenue aerie easy pickings for career thief John Dortmunder and his crew. One distraction: The gang’s meeting place, the O.J. Bar & Grill, has fallen prey to mobsters with loud shirts and louder manners. While the pace sometimes sags, Westlake compensates with uproarious portrayals of aging lowlifes overtaken by high tech (e.g., a car thief bedeviled by GPS tracking). In the end, Watch Your Back! delivers the goods as a breezy, satisfying lark.
Watch Your Back! A Picasso-studded penthouse owned by a fugitive financier provides the setup for a heist — and richly comic mayhem — in Donald E. Westlake...Watch Your Back!Fiction, Mystery and ThrillerDonald E. Westlake A Picasso-studded penthouse owned by a fugitive financier provides the setup for a heist — and richly comic mayhem — in Donald E. Westlake...2005-04-11Mysterious Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Donald E. Westlake; Publisher: Mysterious Press
Posted April 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!