A Picasso-studded penthouse owned by a fugitive financier provides the setup for a heist — and richly comic mayhem — in Donald E. Westlake’s latest caper. Unrepentantly boorish tycoon Preston Fareweather hides out from his vengefully grasping ex-wives in Club Med, leaving his Fifth Avenue aerie easy pickings for career thief John Dortmunder and his crew. One distraction: The gang’s meeting place, the O.J. Bar & Grill, has fallen prey to mobsters with loud shirts and louder manners. While the pace sometimes sags, Westlake compensates with uproarious portrayals of aging lowlifes overtaken by high tech (e.g., a car thief bedeviled by GPS tracking). In the end, Watch Your Back! delivers the goods as a breezy, satisfying lark.
Watch Your Back! A Picasso-studded penthouse owned by a fugitive financier provides the setup for a heist — and richly comic mayhem — in Donald E. Westlake...Watch Your Back!Fiction, Mystery and ThrillerDonald E. Westlake A Picasso-studded penthouse owned by a fugitive financier provides the setup for a heist — and richly comic mayhem — in Donald E. Westlake...2005-04-11Mysterious Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Donald E. Westlake; Publisher: Mysterious Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!