A Picasso-studded penthouse owned by a fugitive financier provides the setup for a heist — and richly comic mayhem — in Donald E. Westlake’s latest caper. Unrepentantly boorish tycoon Preston Fareweather hides out from his vengefully grasping ex-wives in Club Med, leaving his Fifth Avenue aerie easy pickings for career thief John Dortmunder and his crew. One distraction: The gang’s meeting place, the O.J. Bar & Grill, has fallen prey to mobsters with loud shirts and louder manners. While the pace sometimes sags, Westlake compensates with uproarious portrayals of aging lowlifes overtaken by high tech (e.g., a car thief bedeviled by GPS tracking). In the end, Watch Your Back! delivers the goods as a breezy, satisfying lark.
Watch Your Back! A Picasso-studded penthouse owned by a fugitive financier provides the setup for a heist — and richly comic mayhem — in Donald E. Westlake...Watch Your Back!Fiction, Mystery and ThrillerDonald E. Westlake A Picasso-studded penthouse owned by a fugitive financier provides the setup for a heist — and richly comic mayhem — in Donald E. Westlake...2005-04-11Mysterious Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Donald E. Westlake; Publisher: Mysterious Press
Posted April 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- 'The Walking Dead': Chandler Riggs on Carl's biggest episode ever
- Juliette Lewis talks explosive 'Secrets and Lies' finale
- Tom Cruise joins the world of gods and monsters in 'The Mummy' trailer
- 'Once Upon a Time': The hooded figure is revealed!
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big