In the tiny but powerful Wild Dogs, six strangers sit at the edge of a forest over one long, horrible summer, waiting for their best friends — their dogs — to stop running wild and come home. The emotional leader of the human pack is Alice, who’s come unmoored from her own life but finds herself caught up in caring for the group as best she can; her compassion is evident as the characters each get a chapter to describe their individual tragedies. Helen Humphreys maintains the same spare, unflinching honesty throughout, whether writing from the perspective of a brilliantly stoic scientist or a brain-damaged young girl. Wild Dogs isn’t for the fragile of heart, but its brutal perspective on love and loss will haunt you for days.
Wild Dogs In the tiny but powerful Wild Dogs, six strangers sit at the edge of a forest over one long, horrible summer, waiting for their best...Wild DogsFictionHelen Humphreys In the tiny but powerful Wild Dogs, six strangers sit at the edge of a forest over one long, horrible summer, waiting for their best...2005-04-11W.W. Norton
Genre: Fiction; Author: Helen Humphreys; Publisher: W.W. Norton
Posted April 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!