In the tiny but powerful Wild Dogs, six strangers sit at the edge of a forest over one long, horrible summer, waiting for their best friends — their dogs — to stop running wild and come home. The emotional leader of the human pack is Alice, who’s come unmoored from her own life but finds herself caught up in caring for the group as best she can; her compassion is evident as the characters each get a chapter to describe their individual tragedies. Helen Humphreys maintains the same spare, unflinching honesty throughout, whether writing from the perspective of a brilliantly stoic scientist or a brain-damaged young girl. Wild Dogs isn’t for the fragile of heart, but its brutal perspective on love and loss will haunt you for days.
Wild Dogs In the tiny but powerful Wild Dogs, six strangers sit at the edge of a forest over one long, horrible summer, waiting for their best...Wild DogsFictionHelen Humphreys In the tiny but powerful Wild Dogs, six strangers sit at the edge of a forest over one long, horrible summer, waiting for their best...2005-04-11W.W. Norton
Genre: Fiction; Author: Helen Humphreys; Publisher: W.W. Norton
Posted April 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Michelle Obama will bid farewell to White House in Oprah interview
- 'This Is Us' casts 'Walking Dead' alum in recurring role
- Heat rises in J.R. Ward's vampire romance 'Blood Vow' excerpt
- Evanescence's Amy Lee reveals stories behind the songs
- Cameron Dallas takes fans inside MAGCON in 'Chasing Cameron' trailer
- How Mike Birbiglia got President Obama to say 'poo'
- Pauley Perrette opens up about her recovery 1 year after attack
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday