Nalick’s debut album didn’t have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old’s lyrics tend toward the insipid (”If this is giving up/Then I’m giving up on love”), she has a great pop voice — passionate but velvety smooth. It’s her best asset. Unfortunately, it’s buried under layers of synthetic cheese whipped up by producers Christopher Thorn and Brad Smith (founding members of Blind Melon). They make her sound like an Alanis Morissette wannabe without the jagged edges.
Wreck of the Day Nalick's debut album didn't have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old's lyrics tend toward the insipid (''If this is...Wreck of the Day Nalick's debut album didn't have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old's lyrics tend toward the insipid (''If this is...2005-04-18
Lead Performer: Anna Nalick
Posted April 18 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!