Nalick’s debut album didn’t have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old’s lyrics tend toward the insipid (”If this is giving up/Then I’m giving up on love”), she has a great pop voice — passionate but velvety smooth. It’s her best asset. Unfortunately, it’s buried under layers of synthetic cheese whipped up by producers Christopher Thorn and Brad Smith (founding members of Blind Melon). They make her sound like an Alanis Morissette wannabe without the jagged edges.
Wreck of the Day Nalick's debut album didn't have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old's lyrics tend toward the insipid (''If this is...Wreck of the Day Nalick's debut album didn't have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old's lyrics tend toward the insipid (''If this is...2005-04-18
Lead Performer: Anna Nalick
Posted April 18 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!