Nalick’s debut album didn’t have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old’s lyrics tend toward the insipid (”If this is giving up/Then I’m giving up on love”), she has a great pop voice — passionate but velvety smooth. It’s her best asset. Unfortunately, it’s buried under layers of synthetic cheese whipped up by producers Christopher Thorn and Brad Smith (founding members of Blind Melon). They make her sound like an Alanis Morissette wannabe without the jagged edges.
Wreck of the Day Nalick's debut album didn't have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old's lyrics tend toward the insipid (''If this is...Wreck of the Day Nalick's debut album didn't have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old's lyrics tend toward the insipid (''If this is...2005-04-18
Lead Performer: Anna Nalick
Posted April 18 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Friends' creator: Those $1 million cast salaries were 'ridiculous'
- See a clip from Lifetime's 'The Unauthorized Full House Story'
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Bryan Cranston’s 'Sneaky Pete' pilot picked up by Amazon
- Get haunted by trailer for 'The Listing'
- President Bill Clinton to appear on 'StarTalk' season 2 premiere
- 'Graceland' sneak peek: Paige is going undercover with the Sarkissians
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!