Nalick’s debut album didn’t have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old’s lyrics tend toward the insipid (”If this is giving up/Then I’m giving up on love”), she has a great pop voice — passionate but velvety smooth. It’s her best asset. Unfortunately, it’s buried under layers of synthetic cheese whipped up by producers Christopher Thorn and Brad Smith (founding members of Blind Melon). They make her sound like an Alanis Morissette wannabe without the jagged edges.
Wreck of the Day Nalick's debut album didn't have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old's lyrics tend toward the insipid (''If this is...Wreck of the Day Nalick's debut album didn't have to be a Wreck of the Day. Though the 20-year-old's lyrics tend toward the insipid (''If this is...2005-04-18
Lead Performer: Anna Nalick
Posted April 18 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Walking Dead' actor would love to play Spider-Man
- Hulk Hogan talks possible villain role in 'Expendables 4'
- Charter/Time Warner deal will affect 1 in 6 households
- Documentary to explore George Miller's attempted 'Justice League' movie
- 'Grace of Monaco' screenwriter live tweets Lifetime premiere
- A$AP Rocky dropped his new album at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!