For his first film since 2000’s Ben-‘n’-Gwyn dud Bounce, writer-director Don Roos tells the intertwining tales of 10 disparate L.A. denizens trying to get a handle on their messy lives. Front and center is Mamie (Lisa Kudrow), a depressed abortion counselor being blackmailed by a sleazy wannabe film student (Jesse Bradford), who claims to have located the child she gave up for adoption years ago under some very hush-hush circumstances — and will reunite them only if he can videotape the whole thing. (And that’s just the tip of this incredibly complicated iceberg.) Says Kudrow, ”It’s maddening and fascinating to watch her get sucked in by what’s being done to her.” Yeah, seriously — where are those Friends now that she really needs them?
(Happy Endings: Eric Lee)
Posted April 22 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!