There’s a lot of down time on a movie set. Sharon Stone, currently filming Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction in London, apparently spent hers adopting a baby. Stone’s rep, Cindi Berger, issued a statement Wednesday confirming that Stone has adopted a second child, a boy born Saturday to ”unknown and unrelated parents in Texas.” The 47-year-old actress has named the boy Laird Vonne Stone. He joins older brother Roan, 4. Stone adopted him during her five-year marriage to newspaper editor Phil Bronstein, which ended in 2004. ”Mommy and her boys are over the moon,” the statement said. Now, Roan and Laird are the kind of names that could cause a lot of teasing on the playground, unless their playmates are Julia Roberts’ twins Hazel and Phinnaeus Moder and Gwyneth Paltrow’s toddler Apple Martin.
Posted May 12 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday