Just when you figured it was safe to scarf fries again, human guinea pig Morgan Spurlock offers Don’t Eat This Book, another stomach-turning exposé of the American diet. Aimed at scrutinizing fast food beyond Mickey D’s, this slapdash follow-up to the director’s Oscar-nominated Super Size Me applies his uncanny ability to produce simple factual nuggets after digesting complex stats on the USDA’s food pyramid, school lunches, and other topics distasteful to his ”tree-hugging green queen” fiancée. He also stages his own proudly unscientific experiments, such as waiting for a covered jar of McFries to rot (freakishly, they never do). Funny Stuff. Still, Don’t Eat is narrated in an often obnoxious tone and is overly dependent on outside research, and Spurlock’s ”benevolent muckracking” lacks the gravitas of Eric Schlosser’s Fast Food Nation and other weightier foodie investigations.
Don't Eat This BookJust when you figured it was safe to scarf fries again, human guinea pig Morgan Spurlock offers Don't Eat This Book, another stomach...Don't Eat This BookNonfictionMorgan SpurlockJust when you figured it was safe to scarf fries again, human guinea pig Morgan Spurlock offers Don't Eat This Book, another stomach...2005-05-18Putnam
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Morgan Spurlock; Publisher: Putnam
Posted May 18 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer takes aim at the 'worst heroes ever'
- Joe Biden clarifies 2020 presidential bid comments
- 'This Is Us': Chris Sullivan on that Toby cliffhanger in the winter finale
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans