Golf-ball bear hunting, Wisconsin ear wiggles, and a superhero sidekick who’s more Waldo than Marvel comic idol — Nickelodeon’s suburban farce, The Adventures of Pete & Pete: Season One, about two siblings named Pete (the younger a salty troublemaker, the older a romantic observer of domestic inanities) possesses the oddball charm that drives current cult faves Arrested Development and Scrubs. Highlights of this eight-ep set: the insomniac’s bedtime protest in ”The Nightcrawlers,” the shop-class horror pastiche of ”Tool and Die,” and long-gone indie band Polaris’ dreamy theme song. EXTRAS Four specials and two shorts that launched the series. Commentary by the creative team recognizes that cynics may be unnerved by the quirky adults hanging around (the manic bus driver, the spandex-clad superhero), but it’s that whimsy that makes this dorky gem so endearing.
Posted May 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'
- Olivia Munn teases her Psylocke fight scene in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'