Matt Skiba is an atypically smooth-voiced crooner for a pop-punk band like Alkaline Trio. Over Crimson’s churning minor-key arrangements — which make more room for spooky keyboard ooze and swinging rhythms than those on the Chicago outfit’s four previous full-lengths — he sings about longing ”for a casket to call my own.” Lyrically, Skiba prefers being dark to opining snarkily about, say, lifestyles of the rich and famous. But his laments rarely lack his less thoughtful peers’ caffeinated buzz, giving the CD its kick.
Crimson Matt Skiba is an atypically smooth-voiced crooner for a pop-punk band like Alkaline Trio. Over Crimson's churning minor-key...CrimsonRock Matt Skiba is an atypically smooth-voiced crooner for a pop-punk band like Alkaline Trio. Over Crimson's churning minor-key...2005-05-23
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Vagrant
Posted May 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!