Matt Skiba is an atypically smooth-voiced crooner for a pop-punk band like Alkaline Trio. Over Crimson’s churning minor-key arrangements — which make more room for spooky keyboard ooze and swinging rhythms than those on the Chicago outfit’s four previous full-lengths — he sings about longing ”for a casket to call my own.” Lyrically, Skiba prefers being dark to opining snarkily about, say, lifestyles of the rich and famous. But his laments rarely lack his less thoughtful peers’ caffeinated buzz, giving the CD its kick.
Crimson Matt Skiba is an atypically smooth-voiced crooner for a pop-punk band like Alkaline Trio. Over Crimson's churning minor-key...CrimsonRock Matt Skiba is an atypically smooth-voiced crooner for a pop-punk band like Alkaline Trio. Over Crimson's churning minor-key...2005-05-23
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Vagrant
Posted May 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!