From her ornately beaded coats to her leather cross-strap travel gear, Natalie Portman’s maternity wear as Padmé Amidala in Revenge of the Sith looks hot, but it’s not exactly practical. (Doesn’t look like there is room for a support panel in that silky, chain-accented number she wears to bed.) But costume designer Trisha Biggar still gets kudos for cooking up the birthing duds of Anakin’s lady love: Any space-age fabric that allows for Portman’s twins-bearing tummy to double in size — however instantaneously — is cool by all moms, whatever the galaxy.
Posted May 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda stops by Alexander Hamilton's grave
- Ricky Gervais says Eric Bana is 'a stupid, big, lumpy idiot'
- 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' is the most beautiful 'Trek' film
- WATCH: George Clooney dodges bullet in exclusive 'Money Monster' clip
- Beyoncé, Blink-182, Fetty Wap: Grading the week's best (and worst) new singles
- Prince's iconic 'Purple Rain' coat is going up for auction
- Former Warner Bros. president: Prince 'was not like anybody else'