From her ornately beaded coats to her leather cross-strap travel gear, Natalie Portman’s maternity wear as Padmé Amidala in Revenge of the Sith looks hot, but it’s not exactly practical. (Doesn’t look like there is room for a support panel in that silky, chain-accented number she wears to bed.) But costume designer Trisha Biggar still gets kudos for cooking up the birthing duds of Anakin’s lady love: Any space-age fabric that allows for Portman’s twins-bearing tummy to double in size — however instantaneously — is cool by all moms, whatever the galaxy.
Posted May 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Thrones' actor on new show: 'We don't need dragons. We got cocaine!'
- David Spade: 'Fameless' isn't mean-spirited — the contestants are too 'thirsty'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp': On the set of the prequel
- Azealia Banks: Australian crowds are 'violent' and 'terrible'
- Exclusive clip from TV satire 'Shooting the Warwicks' is unreal
- Diane Keaton joins Jude Law for HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Someone's made a 'Breaking Bad'-inspired coffee shop
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!