From her ornately beaded coats to her leather cross-strap travel gear, Natalie Portman’s maternity wear as Padmé Amidala in Revenge of the Sith looks hot, but it’s not exactly practical. (Doesn’t look like there is room for a support panel in that silky, chain-accented number she wears to bed.) But costume designer Trisha Biggar still gets kudos for cooking up the birthing duds of Anakin’s lady love: Any space-age fabric that allows for Portman’s twins-bearing tummy to double in size — however instantaneously — is cool by all moms, whatever the galaxy.
Posted May 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'