From her ornately beaded coats to her leather cross-strap travel gear, Natalie Portman’s maternity wear as Padmé Amidala in Revenge of the Sith looks hot, but it’s not exactly practical. (Doesn’t look like there is room for a support panel in that silky, chain-accented number she wears to bed.) But costume designer Trisha Biggar still gets kudos for cooking up the birthing duds of Anakin’s lady love: Any space-age fabric that allows for Portman’s twins-bearing tummy to double in size — however instantaneously — is cool by all moms, whatever the galaxy.
Posted May 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What to Watch Wednesday: Follow 'The Path'
- Pop Culture of My Life: Julianna Margulies on Judy Blume and more
- WATCH: Bill Paxton says he's 'not a nice guy,' loves to play villains
- 'BoJack Horseman' season 3: Netflix shares teaser, premiere date
- Theater chain proposes this gender neutral bathroom design
- Michelle Rodriguez reflects on 'Fast and the Furious' turning 15
- 'The Fast and the Furious' 15th anniversary: Vin Diesel looks back