Picking up where 2003’s Identity Crisis left off, this golden-voiced songstress, Shelby Lynne, continues to strip her sound on Suit Yourself, a whispery, unrefined set of back-porch rhythm & blues. Always a straight shooter, the Alabama native offers sly social commentary on the Bush-baiting ”You’re the Man,” but it’s her swaying, broken-hearted confessionals that truly linger. ”Johnny Met June,” a somber homage to the Man in Black, cuts deep even as it walks the line with a quiet grace.
Suit Yourself Picking up where 2003's Identity Crisis left off, this golden-voiced songstress, Shelby Lynne, continues to strip her sound on Suit...Suit YourselfR&B Picking up where 2003's Identity Crisis left off, this golden-voiced songstress, Shelby Lynne, continues to strip her sound on Suit...2005-05-23
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Shelby Lynne; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted May 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!