”Bluegrass supergroup” may sound like an oxymoron, but you’ve earned the title when you boast five singer-songwriters whose résumés include stints with Earl Scruggs, Alison Krauss, and Ricky Skaggs. On Marbletown (out June 7), Blue Highway apply their hot licks and high lonesome vocals to a stack of rueful tunes. Highlight: Guitarist Tim Stafford’s waltz ”Quarter Moon” sounds like an instant classic. Why are these guys super? They can make your heart soar even as it’s breaking.
Marbletown ''Bluegrass supergroup'' may sound like an oxymoron, but you've earned the title when you boast five singer-songwriters whose résumés include...MarbletownCountry ''Bluegrass supergroup'' may sound like an oxymoron, but you've earned the title when you boast five singer-songwriters whose résumés include...2005-05-30
Genre: Country; Producer (group): Rounder
Posted May 30 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!