”Bluegrass supergroup” may sound like an oxymoron, but you’ve earned the title when you boast five singer-songwriters whose résumés include stints with Earl Scruggs, Alison Krauss, and Ricky Skaggs. On Marbletown (out June 7), Blue Highway apply their hot licks and high lonesome vocals to a stack of rueful tunes. Highlight: Guitarist Tim Stafford’s waltz ”Quarter Moon” sounds like an instant classic. Why are these guys super? They can make your heart soar even as it’s breaking.
Marbletown ''Bluegrass supergroup'' may sound like an oxymoron, but you've earned the title when you boast five singer-songwriters whose résumés include...MarbletownCountry ''Bluegrass supergroup'' may sound like an oxymoron, but you've earned the title when you boast five singer-songwriters whose résumés include...2005-05-30
Genre: Country; Producer (group): Rounder
Posted May 30 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!