”Bluegrass supergroup” may sound like an oxymoron, but you’ve earned the title when you boast five singer-songwriters whose résumés include stints with Earl Scruggs, Alison Krauss, and Ricky Skaggs. On Marbletown (out June 7), Blue Highway apply their hot licks and high lonesome vocals to a stack of rueful tunes. Highlight: Guitarist Tim Stafford’s waltz ”Quarter Moon” sounds like an instant classic. Why are these guys super? They can make your heart soar even as it’s breaking.
Marbletown ''Bluegrass supergroup'' may sound like an oxymoron, but you've earned the title when you boast five singer-songwriters whose résumés include...MarbletownCountry ''Bluegrass supergroup'' may sound like an oxymoron, but you've earned the title when you boast five singer-songwriters whose résumés include...2005-05-30
Genre: Country; Producer (group): Rounder
Posted May 30 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!