The fall of Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen). There are rousing lightsaber duels, yet Anakin, locked in his private adolescent snit fit, never takes that crucial turn toward the destructive narcissism of Darth Vader. The one figure who taps the true spirit of Star Wars is Ewan McGregor, who plays Alec Guinness’ playfulness.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Drama; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Keisha Castle-Hughes, Samuel L. Jackson, Peter Mayhew, Ian McDiarmid, Genevieve O'Reilly; Director: George Lucas; Author: George Lucas; Producer (group): Lucasfilm; Release Date Wide: 05/19/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 148; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted May 30 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum
- CineFix ranks the 10 best final film shots of all time
- 'Project Runway Junior' winner gives advice to the adults
- Overlooked witness could have prevented conviction in 'Serial' case, expert says
- 'Supergirl' sneak peek: Watch Hank pretend to be Kara again
- President Obama pays tribute to Earth, Wind & Fire's Maurice White