The fall of Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen). There are rousing lightsaber duels, yet Anakin, locked in his private adolescent snit fit, never takes that crucial turn toward the destructive narcissism of Darth Vader. The one figure who taps the true spirit of Star Wars is Ewan McGregor, who plays Alec Guinness’ playfulness.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Drama; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Keisha Castle-Hughes, Samuel L. Jackson, Peter Mayhew, Ian McDiarmid, Genevieve O'Reilly; Director: George Lucas; Author: George Lucas; Producer (group): Lucasfilm; Release Date Wide: 05/19/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 148; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!