The fall of Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen). There are rousing lightsaber duels, yet Anakin, locked in his private adolescent snit fit, never takes that crucial turn toward the destructive narcissism of Darth Vader. The one figure who taps the true spirit of Star Wars is Ewan McGregor, who plays Alec Guinness’ playfulness.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Drama; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Keisha Castle-Hughes, Samuel L. Jackson, Peter Mayhew, Ian McDiarmid, Genevieve O'Reilly; Director: George Lucas; Author: George Lucas; Producer (group): Lucasfilm; Release Date Wide: 05/19/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 148; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted May 30 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Audience member attempts to charge phone on stage at Broadway play
- Conan O'Brien on hosting his show from Comic-Con: 'Imagine 'Conan' bombarded by gamma rays'
- Dave Grohl covers Neil Young with members of Blind Melon and Pearl Jam
- 'Boulevard' director on working with Robin Williams: 'I couldn't have loved him more'
- 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' exclusive images
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Katherine Howe's ghostly love story 'The Appearance of Annie Van Sinderen'
- Chinese filmmaker denies ripping off 'Cars'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!