François Truffaut’s third feature, Jules and Jim, follows two friends (Oskar Werner, Henri Serre) and their mutual passion for the irresistible, unstable Catherine (Jeanne Moreau). The fabulistic narration and semblance of an old photo album in motion mirror the quaint, exhilarating whimsy driving the triangular relationship to its heart-shattering end. EXTRAS A doc with friends and relatives of the characters’ real-life inspirations offers sympathy for the volatile Catherine. A joint track splicing crew anecdotes with a scholar’s film analysis is enlightening, if occasionally erratic. But the true highlight: segments from 15 years of interviews with Truffaut. It’s the director’s extraneous insights — his discomfort with color (regarding his Fahrenheit 451), his need to process reality through artifice — that deliver an overwhelming chronicle of the movies, the methods, and the master himself.
Jules and Jim François Truffaut's third feature, Jules and Jim, follows two friends (Oskar Werner, Henri Serre) and their mutual passion for...Jules and JimDrama, Foreign LanguageUnrated François Truffaut's third feature, Jules and Jim, follows two friends (Oskar Werner, Henri Serre) and their mutual passion for...2005-06-07
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Claire Maurier, Jeanne Moreau, Jean-Pierre Leaud, Henri Serre, Oskar Werner; Director: Francois Truffaut; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted June 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the trailer for 'Animorphs' author's next book, 'Crenshaw' -- exclusive
- 'Being Mary Jane' season 3 gets premiere date, adds guest stars Loretta Devine and Jill Scott
- See the new trailer for Eli Roth's 'Knock Knock'
- Listen to Jesse Eisenberg read about Carmelo Anthony in 'Bream Gives Me Hiccups' -- exclusive
- Shadowman returns to the Valiant Universe in 'Operation: Deadside'
- Nina Dobrev, Matt McGorry, and more advocate for sexual consent in 'It's On Us' campaign
- 'Survivor' players reveal whom they want out of the game first
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!