Tom Cruise doesn’t jump up on the sofa. He doesn’t fall to his knees and pound his fists on the floor. He doesn’t even try to wrestle anyone out of a chair. Instead, he sits in his spacious office on the Paramount lot on this late afternoon in early June (just a few weeks before the premiere of War of the Worlds) and stays put for a full hour. Mostly put. Put enough, at least, to answer a few questions about some of the recent events in his life (his acrobatics on Oprah over a certain Dawson’s Creek actress, that fight he picked with his former Endless Love costar on Access Hollywood, his increasingly public pronouncements on the evils of psychiatry) that have been perplexing many of the people of Planet Earth lately. On the following pages, Cruise explains everything…and then some.
(Tom Cruise Photograph by James White)
Posted June 9 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Frozen' holiday special to air on ABC in 2017
- Ben Stiller, Penélope Cruz strut on 'Zoolander 2' premiere's red-carpet runway
- Gwen Stefani shares track list for third solo album
- 'The Flash': 13 most shocking moments from Team Flash's trip to Earth-2
- Kanye West: ‘Bill Cosby innocent'
- Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult cast in 'The Death and Life of John F. Donovan'
- Johnny Depp to star in 'The Invisible Man' for Universal