Tom Cruise doesn’t jump up on the sofa. He doesn’t fall to his knees and pound his fists on the floor. He doesn’t even try to wrestle anyone out of a chair. Instead, he sits in his spacious office on the Paramount lot on this late afternoon in early June (just a few weeks before the premiere of War of the Worlds) and stays put for a full hour. Mostly put. Put enough, at least, to answer a few questions about some of the recent events in his life (his acrobatics on Oprah over a certain Dawson’s Creek actress, that fight he picked with his former Endless Love costar on Access Hollywood, his increasingly public pronouncements on the evils of psychiatry) that have been perplexing many of the people of Planet Earth lately. On the following pages, Cruise explains everything…and then some.
(Tom Cruise Photograph by James White)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- See the cover of James Dashner's 'The Game of Lives'
- Nick Jonas goes to raves, drives psychedelic golf cart in new 'Chains' video
- Killer Croc and the end of the Christopher Nolan era
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!