Tom Cruise doesn’t jump up on the sofa. He doesn’t fall to his knees and pound his fists on the floor. He doesn’t even try to wrestle anyone out of a chair. Instead, he sits in his spacious office on the Paramount lot on this late afternoon in early June (just a few weeks before the premiere of War of the Worlds) and stays put for a full hour. Mostly put. Put enough, at least, to answer a few questions about some of the recent events in his life (his acrobatics on Oprah over a certain Dawson’s Creek actress, that fight he picked with his former Endless Love costar on Access Hollywood, his increasingly public pronouncements on the evils of psychiatry) that have been perplexing many of the people of Planet Earth lately. On the following pages, Cruise explains everything…and then some.
(Tom Cruise Photograph by James White)
Posted June 9 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt