Tom Cruise doesn’t jump up on the sofa. He doesn’t fall to his knees and pound his fists on the floor. He doesn’t even try to wrestle anyone out of a chair. Instead, he sits in his spacious office on the Paramount lot on this late afternoon in early June (just a few weeks before the premiere of War of the Worlds) and stays put for a full hour. Mostly put. Put enough, at least, to answer a few questions about some of the recent events in his life (his acrobatics on Oprah over a certain Dawson’s Creek actress, that fight he picked with his former Endless Love costar on Access Hollywood, his increasingly public pronouncements on the evils of psychiatry) that have been perplexing many of the people of Planet Earth lately. On the following pages, Cruise explains everything…and then some.
(Tom Cruise Photograph by James White)
Posted June 9 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!