This golden-voiced singer-songwriter has been a pop star in her native Australia since her moody ”All for Believing” won an amateur contest and soared up the charts in 2001. Four years later, the 21-year-old’s U.S. debut album (which includes that first hit) shows a depth reminiscent of early Suzanne Vega and Sarah McLachlan: catchy hooks, sometimes-dark lyrics, and piano-driven, spare-but-lovely sonics. Tastefully produced by John Porter (Elvis Costello, Ryan Adams), The Sound of White sounds just right.
The Sound of White This golden-voiced singer-songwriter has been a pop star in her native Australia since her moody ''All for Believing'' won an amateur contest and ...The Sound of WhiteRock This golden-voiced singer-songwriter has been a pop star in her native Australia since her moody ''All for Believing'' won an amateur contest and ...2005-06-13
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Missy Higgins; Producer (group): Reprise Records
Posted June 13 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!