This golden-voiced singer-songwriter has been a pop star in her native Australia since her moody ”All for Believing” won an amateur contest and soared up the charts in 2001. Four years later, the 21-year-old’s U.S. debut album (which includes that first hit) shows a depth reminiscent of early Suzanne Vega and Sarah McLachlan: catchy hooks, sometimes-dark lyrics, and piano-driven, spare-but-lovely sonics. Tastefully produced by John Porter (Elvis Costello, Ryan Adams), The Sound of White sounds just right.
The Sound of White This golden-voiced singer-songwriter has been a pop star in her native Australia since her moody ''All for Believing'' won an amateur contest and ...The Sound of WhiteRock This golden-voiced singer-songwriter has been a pop star in her native Australia since her moody ''All for Believing'' won an amateur contest and ...2005-06-13
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Missy Higgins; Producer (group): Reprise Records
Posted June 13 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Marriage Boot Camp' welcomes... Jeff and Jordan from 'Big Brother?'
- U2 manager Dennis Sheehan dies
- 'Doctor Who' star Peter Capaldi to appear at Comic-Con
- Elizabeth Gillies: From child star to 'Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll'
- Grumpy Cat is getting a comic book series
- 'Orange is the New Black' star to join Broadway's 'The Color Purple'
- Exclusive: Cooper and Josh duke it out ahead of ‘Young & Hungry' spring finale
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!