In Undead, this tongue-through-cheek George A. Romero knockoff from Australia, there is one funky visual gag: A walking corpse gets severed and the legs keep walking, with about a third of a bloody spine sticking up. The rest of Undead, which combines a meteor shower with a living-dead attack in ways that I never quite understood, is on the level of a no-budget student film in which the shots barely match up into sequences. It’s about as much fun as watching blood dry.
(Undead: Grant Marshall)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Felicity Mason, Lisa Cunningham, Mungo McKay; Director: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig; Author: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Scandal': Will Mellie actually win the election?
- 'Ultimate Survival Alaska' star Jimmy Gojdics dead at 69
- Super scientific study finds which drugs are most prominent at music festivals
- Beloved dead comedians to perform again via hologram
- Mark Ruffalo: Joss Whedon is a 'deeply committed feminist'
- 'The Last Man on Earth' names Dan Sterling as new showrunner
- Univision taps Bill Clinton for Upfront Q&A
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!