In Undead, this tongue-through-cheek George A. Romero knockoff from Australia, there is one funky visual gag: A walking corpse gets severed and the legs keep walking, with about a third of a bloody spine sticking up. The rest of Undead, which combines a meteor shower with a living-dead attack in ways that I never quite understood, is on the level of a no-budget student film in which the shots barely match up into sequences. It’s about as much fun as watching blood dry.
(Undead: Grant Marshall)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Felicity Mason, Lisa Cunningham, Mungo McKay; Director: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig; Author: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted June 29 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!