In Undead, this tongue-through-cheek George A. Romero knockoff from Australia, there is one funky visual gag: A walking corpse gets severed and the legs keep walking, with about a third of a bloody spine sticking up. The rest of Undead, which combines a meteor shower with a living-dead attack in ways that I never quite understood, is on the level of a no-budget student film in which the shots barely match up into sequences. It’s about as much fun as watching blood dry.
(Undead: Grant Marshall)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Felicity Mason, Lisa Cunningham, Mungo McKay; Director: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig; Author: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig; Release Date Limited: 07/01/2005; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted June 29 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing
- 'Supergirl' taps Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Lucy Lane
- Jenny Slate declares 'Climate Deniers Be Cray!' in new video
- Kevin Bacon talks 'Cop Car': 'I'm numb to s--- blowing up'
- 'Game of Thrones' recasts familiar role with 'Exorcist' star
- 'Jem and the Holograms' tribute album out this week