In the right light, Entourage’s Turtle looks strikingly like Kim Cattrall. Okay, maybe not, but in its second season, the Hollywood satire has come into its own…as the straight male Sex and the City. While HBO has wisely avoided marketing Entourage as a Sex replacement, the parallels are uncanny: A quartet of single friends talk frankly about the opposite sex, compare conquests, and acquire designer goods. They may not swap stories over flan and cosmos, but they do a kind of girl talk at the Playboy Mansion or Barneys — Sex haunts, too. Plus, they support each other, albeit in a slap-on-the-back kind of way. While one-night stands come and go, both shows rarely stray from the foursome and their lasting bond. Is Entourage consciously aping its East Coast sister? We don’t care either way — we’ll take Sex any way we can get it.
Posted July 22 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat