In the right light, Entourage’s Turtle looks strikingly like Kim Cattrall. Okay, maybe not, but in its second season, the Hollywood satire has come into its own…as the straight male Sex and the City. While HBO has wisely avoided marketing Entourage as a Sex replacement, the parallels are uncanny: A quartet of single friends talk frankly about the opposite sex, compare conquests, and acquire designer goods. They may not swap stories over flan and cosmos, but they do a kind of girl talk at the Playboy Mansion or Barneys — Sex haunts, too. Plus, they support each other, albeit in a slap-on-the-back kind of way. While one-night stands come and go, both shows rarely stray from the foursome and their lasting bond. Is Entourage consciously aping its East Coast sister? We don’t care either way — we’ll take Sex any way we can get it.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!