In the right light, Entourage’s Turtle looks strikingly like Kim Cattrall. Okay, maybe not, but in its second season, the Hollywood satire has come into its own…as the straight male Sex and the City. While HBO has wisely avoided marketing Entourage as a Sex replacement, the parallels are uncanny: A quartet of single friends talk frankly about the opposite sex, compare conquests, and acquire designer goods. They may not swap stories over flan and cosmos, but they do a kind of girl talk at the Playboy Mansion or Barneys — Sex haunts, too. Plus, they support each other, albeit in a slap-on-the-back kind of way. While one-night stands come and go, both shows rarely stray from the foursome and their lasting bond. Is Entourage consciously aping its East Coast sister? We don’t care either way — we’ll take Sex any way we can get it.
Posted July 22 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!