Lenny Kravitz is trading his guitars for paint swatches with the launch of his interior and architectural design consulting firm, Kravitz Design. The Miami-based outfit’s projects include a chandelier for Swarovski’s Crystal Palace Collection and a penthouse/recording studio at Miami’s Setai resort. ”I have no architectural education. I draw crude drawings and take them to an architect,” says Kravitz. ”For the Setai, we used thick, beautiful shag carpets, lacquer, glass, metal, mirrors, and different skins and leather.” Next up: plans for a clothing line that could debut next year. But for now, blueprints and moldings are all he can think about. ”I’d love to design a hotel resort. It would be soulful elegance from top to bottom, not stiff glamour.”
Posted July 22 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'
- Olivia Munn teases her Psylocke fight scene in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'