Lenny Kravitz is trading his guitars for paint swatches with the launch of his interior and architectural design consulting firm, Kravitz Design. The Miami-based outfit’s projects include a chandelier for Swarovski’s Crystal Palace Collection and a penthouse/recording studio at Miami’s Setai resort. ”I have no architectural education. I draw crude drawings and take them to an architect,” says Kravitz. ”For the Setai, we used thick, beautiful shag carpets, lacquer, glass, metal, mirrors, and different skins and leather.” Next up: plans for a clothing line that could debut next year. But for now, blueprints and moldings are all he can think about. ”I’d love to design a hotel resort. It would be soulful elegance from top to bottom, not stiff glamour.”
Posted July 22 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!