Lenny Kravitz is trading his guitars for paint swatches with the launch of his interior and architectural design consulting firm, Kravitz Design. The Miami-based outfit’s projects include a chandelier for Swarovski’s Crystal Palace Collection and a penthouse/recording studio at Miami’s Setai resort. ”I have no architectural education. I draw crude drawings and take them to an architect,” says Kravitz. ”For the Setai, we used thick, beautiful shag carpets, lacquer, glass, metal, mirrors, and different skins and leather.” Next up: plans for a clothing line that could debut next year. But for now, blueprints and moldings are all he can think about. ”I’d love to design a hotel resort. It would be soulful elegance from top to bottom, not stiff glamour.”
Posted July 22 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' wife, children continue to sort out issues over late actor's estate
- Icona Pop join One Direction on their U.S. tour
- Caitlyn Jenner's mom: 'She's beautiful'
- St. Vincent OK after fall off speakers
- Eddie Redmayne set for 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Justice Department ramps up its investigation of theater chains
- Tracy Morgan: 'I ain't never going to take life for granted no more'
- 18 CBS star portraits from summer/fall shows
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Charlize & Seth, Alessandro & Bradley, Gwen Stefani and More!