Lenny Kravitz is trading his guitars for paint swatches with the launch of his interior and architectural design consulting firm, Kravitz Design. The Miami-based outfit’s projects include a chandelier for Swarovski’s Crystal Palace Collection and a penthouse/recording studio at Miami’s Setai resort. ”I have no architectural education. I draw crude drawings and take them to an architect,” says Kravitz. ”For the Setai, we used thick, beautiful shag carpets, lacquer, glass, metal, mirrors, and different skins and leather.” Next up: plans for a clothing line that could debut next year. But for now, blueprints and moldings are all he can think about. ”I’d love to design a hotel resort. It would be soulful elegance from top to bottom, not stiff glamour.”
Posted July 22 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hayley Atwell studied the Clintons for 'Conviction' role
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash