Lenny Kravitz is trading his guitars for paint swatches with the launch of his interior and architectural design consulting firm, Kravitz Design. The Miami-based outfit’s projects include a chandelier for Swarovski’s Crystal Palace Collection and a penthouse/recording studio at Miami’s Setai resort. ”I have no architectural education. I draw crude drawings and take them to an architect,” says Kravitz. ”For the Setai, we used thick, beautiful shag carpets, lacquer, glass, metal, mirrors, and different skins and leather.” Next up: plans for a clothing line that could debut next year. But for now, blueprints and moldings are all he can think about. ”I’d love to design a hotel resort. It would be soulful elegance from top to bottom, not stiff glamour.”
Posted July 22 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Gods': First look at Gillian Anderson as Marilyn Monroe
- WATCH: 'Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Clark Gregg says Chloe 'swiped death'
- 'Family Guy' taps Kyle Chandler, Rob Gronkowski, David Tennant
- Monsters exist in the first trailer for 'Kong: Skull Island'
- Epic 'Suicide Squad' trailer premieres at Comic-Con
- WATCH: 'Grimm' cast on who ‘goes to the dark side’ in season 6
- 'The Vampire Diaries' team is 'bringing it all home' in final season