South Carolina isn’t exactly a hotbed of new music – until now. Meet Baumer, a band that will make you want to apologize to your little sister for being mean to herall those years ago. Eighties-inspired keyboards, (a la DuranDuran), a sprinkle of The Killers, a dash of electro-indie, and a pinch of Franz Ferdinand. Take a listen to “How the West Was 1” and tellme it couldn’t have been in Some Kind of Wonderful. That’s what I thought.
Posted August 1 2005 — 7:24 PM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!