South Carolina isn’t exactly a hotbed of new music – until now. Meet Baumer, a band that will make you want to apologize to your little sister for being mean to herall those years ago. Eighties-inspired keyboards, (a la DuranDuran), a sprinkle of The Killers, a dash of electro-indie, and a pinch of Franz Ferdinand. Take a listen to “How the West Was 1” and tellme it couldn’t have been in Some Kind of Wonderful. That’s what I thought.
Posted August 1 2005 — 7:24 PM EDT
- Stephen Colbert retires alter ego, introduces 'identical twin cousin'
- Cara Delevingne pranked Kesha, Haim at Taylor Swift's July 4 party
- Adele invites Adele drag impersonator on stage
- Seth Meyers takes A Closer Look at day 2 of the DNC & that giant joint
- Kanye West: 'I am so glad my wife has Snapchat'
- 'The Great Wall': 5 images from the Matt Damon monster movie
- Trevor Noah: Donald Trump's role models are Putin, Hussein, Kim Jong Un
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels