South Carolina isn’t exactly a hotbed of new music – until now. Meet Baumer, a band that will make you want to apologize to your little sister for being mean to herall those years ago. Eighties-inspired keyboards, (a la DuranDuran), a sprinkle of The Killers, a dash of electro-indie, and a pinch of Franz Ferdinand. Take a listen to “How the West Was 1” and tellme it couldn’t have been in Some Kind of Wonderful. That’s what I thought.
Posted August 1 2005 — 7:24 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles