South Carolina isn’t exactly a hotbed of new music – until now. Meet Baumer, a band that will make you want to apologize to your little sister for being mean to herall those years ago. Eighties-inspired keyboards, (a la DuranDuran), a sprinkle of The Killers, a dash of electro-indie, and a pinch of Franz Ferdinand. Take a listen to “How the West Was 1” and tellme it couldn’t have been in Some Kind of Wonderful. That’s what I thought.
Posted August 1 2005 — 7:24 PM EDT
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the Color Line
- Jon Bon Jovi wrote a new song for the Rutgers' class of 2015
- Nicki Minaj drops 'The Night Is Still Young' video on Tidal
- TLC yanks '19 Kids and Counting' reruns
- Kanye West's 'All Day' gets misheard lyrics video from Joe Mande
- Robert De Niro to grads: 'You're f---ed'
- Kurt Sutter's new series a go at FX
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!