South Carolina isn’t exactly a hotbed of new music – until now. Meet Baumer, a band that will make you want to apologize to your little sister for being mean to herall those years ago. Eighties-inspired keyboards, (a la DuranDuran), a sprinkle of The Killers, a dash of electro-indie, and a pinch of Franz Ferdinand. Take a listen to “How the West Was 1” and tellme it couldn’t have been in Some Kind of Wonderful. That’s what I thought.
Posted August 1 2005 — 7:24 PM EDT
- Read an excerpt and see the trailer for 'All Our Wrong Todays'
- Liam Payne, Zayn Malik support Louis Tomlinson after momther's death
- 'Fast & Furious 8' gets official title ahead of trailer debut
- Greta Gerwig on transformative '20th Century Women' dance parties
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Bruce Campbell deals with a Deadite in exclusive clip
- Ryan Reynolds wants to make a Deadpool/Wolverine movie
- 'Supernatural' bosses: Mary still 'has some big stuff to do'