South Carolina isn’t exactly a hotbed of new music – until now. Meet Baumer, a band that will make you want to apologize to your little sister for being mean to herall those years ago. Eighties-inspired keyboards, (a la DuranDuran), a sprinkle of The Killers, a dash of electro-indie, and a pinch of Franz Ferdinand. Take a listen to “How the West Was 1” and tellme it couldn’t have been in Some Kind of Wonderful. That’s what I thought.
Posted August 1 2005 — 7:24 PM EDT
- Adele's new album may have its release date
- See Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer dance on Billy Joel's piano
- Pierce Brosnan tells Kimmel why he turned down 'Batman'
- Macklemore got Ken Griffey Jr. to recreate his famous rookie card
- Celebrate Shania Twain's birthday by playing 'Shania lyric or motivational poster?'
- Justin Bieber drops 'What Do You Mean?' after online leak
- Snoop Dogg watches tree frogs have an orgy on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!