Martha Stewart fans – and detractors – got a shot at the ultimate hunch bet yesterday when Stock Tip, a 3-year-old daughter of a mare named Cookingwithmartha, was entered in the fifth race at Saratoga Racecourse. Apparently, there wasn’t much insider information traded about the dark bay filly’s talents, as she eked out a huge upset (scroll down) at odds of 54-1. Naturally, Stock Tip had to survive a claim of foul play from a rival’s jockey before the race was declared official, but she paid $110 for a $2 win ticket to those who kept the faith.
Posted August 2 2005 — 7:11 PM EDT
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale