Martha Stewart fans – and detractors – got a shot at the ultimate hunch bet yesterday when Stock Tip, a 3-year-old daughter of a mare named Cookingwithmartha, was entered in the fifth race at Saratoga Racecourse. Apparently, there wasn’t much insider information traded about the dark bay filly’s talents, as she eked out a huge upset (scroll down) at odds of 54-1. Naturally, Stock Tip had to survive a claim of foul play from a rival’s jockey before the race was declared official, but she paid $110 for a $2 win ticket to those who kept the faith.
Posted August 2 2005 — 7:11 PM EDT
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on 'Deadpool,' worshipping his daughter, and more
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters
- Miramax, Roadside in talks to distribute Obama romance movie 'Southside With You'
- Kanye West does not even pretend to enjoy being in 'SNL' promos