Thanks to TV Tattle, I’m just catching up with this Washington Post article from last Thursday, recounting a visit to the set of Robert Altman’s screen adaptation of Garrison Keillor’s venerable radio show. It’s a long piece, but it’s full of juicy insider stuff, including what it was like to direct Lindsay Lohan during a period of tabloid frenzy (she was very professional, Altman says); the unlikely collaboration between the buttoned-down radio host and the chaos-loving director; the name of the young, Altman-esque filmmaker hired as an understudy for the 80-year-old director, in case ”I croaked or lost a day”; the name of Saturday Night Live and Prairie Home Companion cast member Maya Rudolph’s boyfriend and father-to-be of her baby (turns out it’s the understudy director); and some funny business with John C. Reilly and a flatulence machine. Read it here.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!