Thanks to TV Tattle, I’m just catching up with this Washington Post article from last Thursday, recounting a visit to the set of Robert Altman’s screen adaptation of Garrison Keillor’s venerable radio show. It’s a long piece, but it’s full of juicy insider stuff, including what it was like to direct Lindsay Lohan during a period of tabloid frenzy (she was very professional, Altman says); the unlikely collaboration between the buttoned-down radio host and the chaos-loving director; the name of the young, Altman-esque filmmaker hired as an understudy for the 80-year-old director, in case ”I croaked or lost a day”; the name of Saturday Night Live and Prairie Home Companion cast member Maya Rudolph’s boyfriend and father-to-be of her baby (turns out it’s the understudy director); and some funny business with John C. Reilly and a flatulence machine. Read it here.
Posted August 3 2005 — 7:33 PM EDT
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!