Thanks to TV Tattle, I’m just catching up with this Washington Post article from last Thursday, recounting a visit to the set of Robert Altman’s screen adaptation of Garrison Keillor’s venerable radio show. It’s a long piece, but it’s full of juicy insider stuff, including what it was like to direct Lindsay Lohan during a period of tabloid frenzy (she was very professional, Altman says); the unlikely collaboration between the buttoned-down radio host and the chaos-loving director; the name of the young, Altman-esque filmmaker hired as an understudy for the 80-year-old director, in case ”I croaked or lost a day”; the name of Saturday Night Live and Prairie Home Companion cast member Maya Rudolph’s boyfriend and father-to-be of her baby (turns out it’s the understudy director); and some funny business with John C. Reilly and a flatulence machine. Read it here.
Posted August 3 2005 — 7:33 PM EDT
- Amy Schumer made out with her boyfriend on Kiss Cam at the Mets game
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Showrunner talks crafting this year's crisis
- 'Power' finale postmortem: What that arrest means for Ghost
- 'Quantico': Will you be tuning in to season 2?
- Lea Michele would rather Calvin Harris over Tom Hiddleston
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner addresses what happened to Chris
- 'Last Man on Earth' premiere: Will Forte on THAT celebrity cameo