I read this on Page Six, so take it with a grain of salt, but it’s delicious if it’s true: Rosie O’Donnell will be joining Harvey Fierstein on Broadway in Fiddler on the Roof, playing Golde to his Tevye. (If it is true, Rosie has yet to haiku about it on her blog.) Somewhere, my great-great-grandparents are rolling over in their graves, but I personally can’t wait to see Harvey and Rosie play a couple who’ve been married for 25 years, especially the scene where Golde responds to Tevye’s fake nightmare by pelting him with Koosh balls.
Posted August 3 2005 — 1:12 PM EDT
- Jonathan Groff to return for Glee finale
- Zelda Williams reflects on dad Robin Williams' legacy on 'Today'
- Another woman accuses Bill Cosby of sexual assault
- Box office preview: Focus and Fifty Shades face off
- 'Batman: Arkham Knight' game's prequel comic: Preview 4 pages
- It Follows clip lays out the rules for hotly anticipated horror movie
- Video game version of Slender Man myth is coming to Xbox One and PS4
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!