I read this on Page Six, so take it with a grain of salt, but it’s delicious if it’s true: Rosie O’Donnell will be joining Harvey Fierstein on Broadway in Fiddler on the Roof, playing Golde to his Tevye. (If it is true, Rosie has yet to haiku about it on her blog.) Somewhere, my great-great-grandparents are rolling over in their graves, but I personally can’t wait to see Harvey and Rosie play a couple who’ve been married for 25 years, especially the scene where Golde responds to Tevye’s fake nightmare by pelting him with Koosh balls.
Posted August 3 2005 — 1:12 PM EDT
- See Brie Larson in exclusive first clip from 'Room'
- Yoko Ono says she's still afraid of John Lennon's killer
- Where Elvis Costello found his signature look
- Tom Bergeron pays tribute to his late father on 'DWTS'
- Bond costar walks back Daniel Craig’s 007 quotes
- Olivia Wilde competes in the Actathalon challenge on 'Late Night with Seth Meyers'
- Metallica frontman confirms band is recording new album