I read this on Page Six, so take it with a grain of salt, but it’s delicious if it’s true: Rosie O’Donnell will be joining Harvey Fierstein on Broadway in Fiddler on the Roof, playing Golde to his Tevye. (If it is true, Rosie has yet to haiku about it on her blog.) Somewhere, my great-great-grandparents are rolling over in their graves, but I personally can’t wait to see Harvey and Rosie play a couple who’ve been married for 25 years, especially the scene where Golde responds to Tevye’s fake nightmare by pelting him with Koosh balls.
Posted August 3 2005 — 1:12 PM EDT
- Elizabeth Banks leads celebrities in a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president
- Hillary Clinton shares empowering message for young girls
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'