If anyone is slick enough to sell an American-made anime series back to the Japanese, it’s Samuel L. Jackson. Hollywood’s most prolific actor is trading in his lightsaber for a samurai sword to star in Afro Samurai. It started as a manga comic by Takashi ”Bob” Okazaki; last year, Jackson agreed to voice the character in an animated series for Spike TV that will then be sold back to Japanese television. Now, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Jackson will also star in the live-action feature version, due in 2007. Does this mean Jackson can add another entry to his roster of memorable death scenes?
Posted August 3 2005 — 1:40 PM EDT
- Marc Cuban, Ann Coulter join ‘Sharknado 3’ as president and VP
- The EW Guide to Music Festival Season 2015
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Season 7 trailer: Bethenny's back
- Let us now mourn Jared Leto's man bun (Update)
- 'Orange Is the New Black' return date
- 'Game of Thrones' fave Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- George Takei salutes Leonard Nimoy: 'the most human person I've ever met'