If anyone is slick enough to sell an American-made anime series back to the Japanese, it’s Samuel L. Jackson. Hollywood’s most prolific actor is trading in his lightsaber for a samurai sword to star in Afro Samurai. It started as a manga comic by Takashi ”Bob” Okazaki; last year, Jackson agreed to voice the character in an animated series for Spike TV that will then be sold back to Japanese television. Now, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Jackson will also star in the live-action feature version, due in 2007. Does this mean Jackson can add another entry to his roster of memorable death scenes?
Posted August 3 2005 — 1:40 PM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Reese Witherspoon as Tinker Bell: Disney developing 'Peter Pan' spinoff 'Tink'
- Molest claim vs. Josh Duggar; family says...
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Taylor Schilling, Jessica Alba, Beyoncé & More!