If anyone is slick enough to sell an American-made anime series back to the Japanese, it’s Samuel L. Jackson. Hollywood’s most prolific actor is trading in his lightsaber for a samurai sword to star in Afro Samurai. It started as a manga comic by Takashi ”Bob” Okazaki; last year, Jackson agreed to voice the character in an animated series for Spike TV that will then be sold back to Japanese television. Now, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Jackson will also star in the live-action feature version, due in 2007. Does this mean Jackson can add another entry to his roster of memorable death scenes?
Posted August 3 2005 — 1:40 PM EDT
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- Ed Sheeran: British red coat at Taylor Swift’s July 4 party
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!