If anyone is slick enough to sell an American-made anime series back to the Japanese, it’s Samuel L. Jackson. Hollywood’s most prolific actor is trading in his lightsaber for a samurai sword to star in Afro Samurai. It started as a manga comic by Takashi ”Bob” Okazaki; last year, Jackson agreed to voice the character in an animated series for Spike TV that will then be sold back to Japanese television. Now, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Jackson will also star in the live-action feature version, due in 2007. Does this mean Jackson can add another entry to his roster of memorable death scenes?
Posted August 3 2005 — 1:40 PM EDT
- The Avett Brothers detail new single 'True Sadness'
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler on embracing the times she feels insecure
- 'Degrassi: Next Class': Get a first look at the big reunion
- Deathwatch 2016: Fall TV show survival odds
- Cyndi Lauper explains why she's not boycotting North Carolina
- Ariana Grande drops hot new song 'Into You'
- Seratones talk scuzzy debut: 'We have attitude problems'