If anyone is slick enough to sell an American-made anime series back to the Japanese, it’s Samuel L. Jackson. Hollywood’s most prolific actor is trading in his lightsaber for a samurai sword to star in Afro Samurai. It started as a manga comic by Takashi ”Bob” Okazaki; last year, Jackson agreed to voice the character in an animated series for Spike TV that will then be sold back to Japanese television. Now, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Jackson will also star in the live-action feature version, due in 2007. Does this mean Jackson can add another entry to his roster of memorable death scenes?
Posted August 3 2005 — 1:40 PM EDT
- Uhura, Sulu, Scotty prepare for war in new 'Star Trek Beyond' posters
- T.J. Miller's filibustering cracks Ellen DeGeneres up
- Bono joins Bruce Springsteen in Dublin for 'Because the Night'
- Stan Lee says he didn't go to strip club for 'Deadpool' cameo
- 'Harry Potter' star Matthew Lewis remembers Alan Rickman
- 'Game of Thrones' EW Podcast for 'Blood of My Blood' is live
- Selena Gomez visits sick kids at Boston Children's Hospital
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers