If anyone is slick enough to sell an American-made anime series back to the Japanese, it’s Samuel L. Jackson. Hollywood’s most prolific actor is trading in his lightsaber for a samurai sword to star in Afro Samurai. It started as a manga comic by Takashi ”Bob” Okazaki; last year, Jackson agreed to voice the character in an animated series for Spike TV that will then be sold back to Japanese television. Now, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Jackson will also star in the live-action feature version, due in 2007. Does this mean Jackson can add another entry to his roster of memorable death scenes?
Posted August 3 2005 — 1:40 PM EDT
- Happy Valentine's Day! Read highlights from Aziz Ansari's 'Modern Romance'
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner previews introduction of the Hilltop
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here