If anyone is slick enough to sell an American-made anime series back to the Japanese, it’s Samuel L. Jackson. Hollywood’s most prolific actor is trading in his lightsaber for a samurai sword to star in Afro Samurai. It started as a manga comic by Takashi ”Bob” Okazaki; last year, Jackson agreed to voice the character in an animated series for Spike TV that will then be sold back to Japanese television. Now, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Jackson will also star in the live-action feature version, due in 2007. Does this mean Jackson can add another entry to his roster of memorable death scenes?
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!