The P.R. Stunt of the Week goes to Chicken of the Sea, for somehow connecting its new TV commercial with Jessica Simpson’s 2003 comments on MTV’s Newlyweds expressing her confusion about whether she was eating chicken or tuna when she partook of their product. ”We’ve learned from Jessica Simpson’s quip heard around the world that humor can be a powerful branding tool, particularly among a younger audience,” Chicken of the Sea president John Signorino said in a company press release; he added that the new campaign ”combines humor with growing concerns about weight management – something many people can identify with.” Um, that’s all very well, John, but what exactly does it have to do with The Dukes of Hazzard starlet?
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Golden Trailer Awards 2015: The winners list
- 'Criminal Minds' finale react: Another BAU member takes their leave
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on finale, Nina Dobrev farewell
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!