The P.R. Stunt of the Week goes to Chicken of the Sea, for somehow connecting its new TV commercial with Jessica Simpson’s 2003 comments on MTV’s Newlyweds expressing her confusion about whether she was eating chicken or tuna when she partook of their product. ”We’ve learned from Jessica Simpson’s quip heard around the world that humor can be a powerful branding tool, particularly among a younger audience,” Chicken of the Sea president John Signorino said in a company press release; he added that the new campaign ”combines humor with growing concerns about weight management – something many people can identify with.” Um, that’s all very well, John, but what exactly does it have to do with The Dukes of Hazzard starlet?
Posted August 4 2005 — 7:42 PM EDT
- Kristen Wiig dresses up as Peyton Manning for 'Tonight Show' interview
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': Lego builds life-size Finn, Poe, Captain Phasma
- See Walk the Moon become superheroes in 'Work This Body' music video
- Best Songs of the Week: Beyoncé, Bon Iver, and Sturgill Simpson
- Ryan Reynolds gives his honest rating for 'Green Lantern'
- Hear Death Cab for Cutie and Kanye West's unofficial mash-up album
- 'Donald Trump's The Art of the Deal' director says he wishes his parody wasn't so relevant