The P.R. Stunt of the Week goes to Chicken of the Sea, for somehow connecting its new TV commercial with Jessica Simpson’s 2003 comments on MTV’s Newlyweds expressing her confusion about whether she was eating chicken or tuna when she partook of their product. ”We’ve learned from Jessica Simpson’s quip heard around the world that humor can be a powerful branding tool, particularly among a younger audience,” Chicken of the Sea president John Signorino said in a company press release; he added that the new campaign ”combines humor with growing concerns about weight management – something many people can identify with.” Um, that’s all very well, John, but what exactly does it have to do with The Dukes of Hazzard starlet?
Posted August 4 2005 — 7:42 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters