The P.R. Stunt of the Week goes to Chicken of the Sea, for somehow connecting its new TV commercial with Jessica Simpson’s 2003 comments on MTV’s Newlyweds expressing her confusion about whether she was eating chicken or tuna when she partook of their product. ”We’ve learned from Jessica Simpson’s quip heard around the world that humor can be a powerful branding tool, particularly among a younger audience,” Chicken of the Sea president John Signorino said in a company press release; he added that the new campaign ”combines humor with growing concerns about weight management – something many people can identify with.” Um, that’s all very well, John, but what exactly does it have to do with The Dukes of Hazzard starlet?
Posted August 4 2005 — 7:42 PM EDT
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?
- Rob Lowe took over our Instagram story to tour the 'Code Black' set
- Miley Cyrus guest hosts 'Ellen' for sick Ellen DeGeneres
- Mel Gibson in talks for spy movie 'Every Other Weekend'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Who's the culprit behind the posters?