Celebrating her 64th birthday yesterday, Martha Stewart received an unhappy birthday present from the federal government: another three weeks of home confinement. She was due to go free on Aug. 10, but now, she’ll have to wear the bracelet until Aug. 31. Neither Stewart nor the federal probation office would say why her house arrest was being extended, but the extra time may be the result of this New York Post story from Sunday, which speculated that she may have violated her probation terms by dashing off for a yoga class. (So at least she’ll be serene about being cooped up an extra three weeks.) Her lawyer issued a statement that she ”has agreed to an extension of the terms of her home confinement until Aug. 31.” Which is sort of like saying that I agreed to pay my taxes this year.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!