Hot on the trail of his possible son, Bill Murray spends most of Broken Flowers wearing a variety of pricey Fred Perry tracksuits. Not exactly typical indie fashion. ”[Director] Jim [Jarmusch] and I decided that Bill’s character could afford anything he wanted, but probably only went shopping twice a year,” says costume designer John Dunn. ”So for his home wear, we wanted something uncomplicated but stylish.” After trying everything from Hugo Boss to Armani, they settled on the laurel-adorned leisure wear. ”We also liked it because the cut was slender and referenced the ’70s, which was the heyday of Bill’s character as a young playboy,” adds Dunn. ”It just felt so right.” For Perry, so did giving the cast and crew jackets after the film wrapped.
Posted August 5 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!