Hot on the trail of his possible son, Bill Murray spends most of Broken Flowers wearing a variety of pricey Fred Perry tracksuits. Not exactly typical indie fashion. ”[Director] Jim [Jarmusch] and I decided that Bill’s character could afford anything he wanted, but probably only went shopping twice a year,” says costume designer John Dunn. ”So for his home wear, we wanted something uncomplicated but stylish.” After trying everything from Hugo Boss to Armani, they settled on the laurel-adorned leisure wear. ”We also liked it because the cut was slender and referenced the ’70s, which was the heyday of Bill’s character as a young playboy,” adds Dunn. ”It just felt so right.” For Perry, so did giving the cast and crew jackets after the film wrapped.
Posted August 5 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'