Hot on the trail of his possible son, Bill Murray spends most of Broken Flowers wearing a variety of pricey Fred Perry tracksuits. Not exactly typical indie fashion. ”[Director] Jim [Jarmusch] and I decided that Bill’s character could afford anything he wanted, but probably only went shopping twice a year,” says costume designer John Dunn. ”So for his home wear, we wanted something uncomplicated but stylish.” After trying everything from Hugo Boss to Armani, they settled on the laurel-adorned leisure wear. ”We also liked it because the cut was slender and referenced the ’70s, which was the heyday of Bill’s character as a young playboy,” adds Dunn. ”It just felt so right.” For Perry, so did giving the cast and crew jackets after the film wrapped.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' products to hit shelves in September
- J.K. Rowling apologizes for 'Harry Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' earns $187.7M at weekend box office, second-best U.S. debut ever
- Spice Girls reunite at David Beckham's birthday
- 'Dances With Wolves' writer Michael Blake dies
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquiao fight: You be the judge
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!