Hot on the trail of his possible son, Bill Murray spends most of Broken Flowers wearing a variety of pricey Fred Perry tracksuits. Not exactly typical indie fashion. ”[Director] Jim [Jarmusch] and I decided that Bill’s character could afford anything he wanted, but probably only went shopping twice a year,” says costume designer John Dunn. ”So for his home wear, we wanted something uncomplicated but stylish.” After trying everything from Hugo Boss to Armani, they settled on the laurel-adorned leisure wear. ”We also liked it because the cut was slender and referenced the ’70s, which was the heyday of Bill’s character as a young playboy,” adds Dunn. ”It just felt so right.” For Perry, so did giving the cast and crew jackets after the film wrapped.
Posted August 5 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- Amy Schumer responds to open letter about Lafayette theater shooting
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!