Hot on the trail of his possible son, Bill Murray spends most of Broken Flowers wearing a variety of pricey Fred Perry tracksuits. Not exactly typical indie fashion. ”[Director] Jim [Jarmusch] and I decided that Bill’s character could afford anything he wanted, but probably only went shopping twice a year,” says costume designer John Dunn. ”So for his home wear, we wanted something uncomplicated but stylish.” After trying everything from Hugo Boss to Armani, they settled on the laurel-adorned leisure wear. ”We also liked it because the cut was slender and referenced the ’70s, which was the heyday of Bill’s character as a young playboy,” adds Dunn. ”It just felt so right.” For Perry, so did giving the cast and crew jackets after the film wrapped.
Posted August 5 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Moby explains why he ‘doesn’t ever want to tour again'
- Pussy Riot slam Trump in brutal new song, 'Make America Great Again'
- Donald Trump slams Hillary Clinton for attending Adele concert
- Miley Cyrus comments on engagement ring
- Seth Meyers mocks Donald Trump's Obamacare response
- Justin Timberlake on his voting booth selfie: 'I had no idea!'
- Elijah Wood turned down the chance to fight Daniel Radcliffe
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers