At her best, Juliana Hatfield’s that rare alt-rock old hand who knows the value of both power chords and sugary pop. But the sour largely overwhelms the sweet on this set of metal sludge, repetitive tunes, and purposefully ugly vocal effects called Made in China. For all her hardworking fury, Hatfield still connects best during the softer moments, like ”Hole in the Sky,” an elegy to a friend. Otherwise, ”Digital Penetration” is as dreadful as its title.
Made in China At her best, Juliana Hatfield's that rare alt-rock old hand who knows the value of both power chords and sugary pop. But the sour largely overwhelms...Made in ChinaIndie Rock At her best, Juliana Hatfield's that rare alt-rock old hand who knows the value of both power chords and sugary pop. But the sour largely overwhelms...2005-08-05
Genre: Indie Rock; Lead Performer: Juliana Hatfield; Producer (group): Ye Olde
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!