Waiting, the restaurant comedy that looks funnier every time I watch the trailer (it opens Sept. 23), is the product of first-time writer-director Rob McKittrick, who’s been blogging about the production. Actually, the waiter-turned-filmmaker has been blogging about how the deal to make the movie came together. Selling the screenplay, which he began writing in 1997, was evidently a long and tortuous process; he’s been writing about it for two months, and he’s only made it up to about 1999 so far. Still, this is a very funny and bilious blog, thanks to frequent mention of McKittrick’s nemesis, the unnamed ”S—bag Producer.” If the movie is as sardonic and profane as the blog, McKittrick will never have to serve another fried onion blossom again.
Posted August 5 2005 — 7:57 PM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!