Waiting, the restaurant comedy that looks funnier every time I watch the trailer (it opens Sept. 23), is the product of first-time writer-director Rob McKittrick, who’s been blogging about the production. Actually, the waiter-turned-filmmaker has been blogging about how the deal to make the movie came together. Selling the screenplay, which he began writing in 1997, was evidently a long and tortuous process; he’s been writing about it for two months, and he’s only made it up to about 1999 so far. Still, this is a very funny and bilious blog, thanks to frequent mention of McKittrick’s nemesis, the unnamed ”S—bag Producer.” If the movie is as sardonic and profane as the blog, McKittrick will never have to serve another fried onion blossom again.
Posted August 5 2005 — 7:57 PM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!