Waiting, the restaurant comedy that looks funnier every time I watch the trailer (it opens Sept. 23), is the product of first-time writer-director Rob McKittrick, who’s been blogging about the production. Actually, the waiter-turned-filmmaker has been blogging about how the deal to make the movie came together. Selling the screenplay, which he began writing in 1997, was evidently a long and tortuous process; he’s been writing about it for two months, and he’s only made it up to about 1999 so far. Still, this is a very funny and bilious blog, thanks to frequent mention of McKittrick’s nemesis, the unnamed ”S—bag Producer.” If the movie is as sardonic and profane as the blog, McKittrick will never have to serve another fried onion blossom again.
Posted August 5 2005 — 7:57 PM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!