After Fox announced on July 28 that an independent counsel will investigate Corey Clark’s claim that he had an affair with American Idol judge Paula Abdul, Fox head Peter Liguori declined to ”speculate” on whether she could lose her job. If so, fans will get their Paula fix when she joins Fox’s new Idol clone, So You Think You Can Dance, giving dance lessons in video vignettes. Speaking of Idol rip-offs, NBC’s I’m a Celebrity But I Wanna Be a Pop Star — which could be Lindsay Lohan’s mantra — has been scrapped, reportedly because of budget conflicts. C-listers will still get to embarrass themselves this fall on Fox’s Celebrity Idol.
Posted August 5 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Deadpool' screenwriters 'trying to get a jump on' sequel
- Martin Shkreli wants to be the sole owner of Kanye West's new album
- See a preview of Kanye West's videogame, about his mother going to heaven
- Box office preview: 'Deadpool' to demolish 'Zoolander 2,' 'How To Be Single'
- Kanye West raps that he 'might still have sex' with Taylor Swift
- 'Destiny' sequel expected in 2017, major expansion coming this year
- AMC orders late-night talk show from Kevin Smith, Greg Grunberg
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996