After Fox announced on July 28 that an independent counsel will investigate Corey Clark’s claim that he had an affair with American Idol judge Paula Abdul, Fox head Peter Liguori declined to ”speculate” on whether she could lose her job. If so, fans will get their Paula fix when she joins Fox’s new Idol clone, So You Think You Can Dance, giving dance lessons in video vignettes. Speaking of Idol rip-offs, NBC’s I’m a Celebrity But I Wanna Be a Pop Star — which could be Lindsay Lohan’s mantra — has been scrapped, reportedly because of budget conflicts. C-listers will still get to embarrass themselves this fall on Fox’s Celebrity Idol.
Posted August 5 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters