After Fox announced on July 28 that an independent counsel will investigate Corey Clark’s claim that he had an affair with American Idol judge Paula Abdul, Fox head Peter Liguori declined to ”speculate” on whether she could lose her job. If so, fans will get their Paula fix when she joins Fox’s new Idol clone, So You Think You Can Dance, giving dance lessons in video vignettes. Speaking of Idol rip-offs, NBC’s I’m a Celebrity But I Wanna Be a Pop Star — which could be Lindsay Lohan’s mantra — has been scrapped, reportedly because of budget conflicts. C-listers will still get to embarrass themselves this fall on Fox’s Celebrity Idol.
Posted August 5 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jonathan Groff to return for Glee finale
- Zelda Williams reflects on dad Robin Williams' legacy on 'Today'
- Another woman accuses Bill Cosby of sexual assault
- Box office preview: Focus and Fifty Shades face off
- 'Batman: Arkham Knight' comic: Preview 4 pages
- It Follows clip lays out the rules for hotly anticipated horror movie
- Video game version of Slender Man myth is coming to Xbox One and PS4
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!