After Fox announced on July 28 that an independent counsel will investigate Corey Clark’s claim that he had an affair with American Idol judge Paula Abdul, Fox head Peter Liguori declined to ”speculate” on whether she could lose her job. If so, fans will get their Paula fix when she joins Fox’s new Idol clone, So You Think You Can Dance, giving dance lessons in video vignettes. Speaking of Idol rip-offs, NBC’s I’m a Celebrity But I Wanna Be a Pop Star — which could be Lindsay Lohan’s mantra — has been scrapped, reportedly because of budget conflicts. C-listers will still get to embarrass themselves this fall on Fox’s Celebrity Idol.
Posted August 5 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joss Whedon shares which Avenger he’d pick as president
- 'Game of Thrones': Emilia Clarke bares teeth with her 'dragon pack'
- Herschell Gordon Lewis, horror's 'godfather of gore,' dies at 87
- William Friedkin set for 'French Connection' anniversary screening
- WATCH: 'The Voice' coaches go head-to-head on game night
- 'Westworld' releases trippy new poster
- 'That Golden Girls Show' transforms quartet into puppets