Amy Adams is currently earning universal kudos for her scene-stealing turn as Ashley, the pregnant, cheery chatterbox in Junebug (in limited release now), including a Special Jury Prize earlier this year at Sundance and a spot on EW’s 2005 Must List. Could this role be the big break that didn’t quite come about with her last high-profile movie gig? While she’s enjoyed guest spots on shows from Buffy and Smallville to The West Wing and The Office, she was supposed to ascend to breakout status a couple years ago with the raves she earned from her prominent role as Brenda, Leonardo DiCaprio’s naive, metal-mouthed fiancée in Catch Me If You Can. Better late than never: Junebug should put her on enough casting directors’ radars to keep her from ever having to return to her early job as a Hooters waitress.
Posted August 9 2005 — 6:59 PM EDT
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary
- Lifetime greenlights flick about Charles Manson gals
- 'Graceland' first look: Watch Johnny help Sid escape
- Flo Rida, Emmitt Smith nix Miss USA
- Michael Fassbender as Steve Jobs: 'Like Hamlet, times two,' says co-star Kate Winslet
- Happy Canada Day: 20 Canadian actors we love
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!