Amy Adams is currently earning universal kudos for her scene-stealing turn as Ashley, the pregnant, cheery chatterbox in Junebug (in limited release now), including a Special Jury Prize earlier this year at Sundance and a spot on EW’s 2005 Must List. Could this role be the big break that didn’t quite come about with her last high-profile movie gig? While she’s enjoyed guest spots on shows from Buffy and Smallville to The West Wing and The Office, she was supposed to ascend to breakout status a couple years ago with the raves she earned from her prominent role as Brenda, Leonardo DiCaprio’s naive, metal-mouthed fiancée in Catch Me If You Can. Better late than never: Junebug should put her on enough casting directors’ radars to keep her from ever having to return to her early job as a Hooters waitress.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!