Amy Adams is currently earning universal kudos for her scene-stealing turn as Ashley, the pregnant, cheery chatterbox in Junebug (in limited release now), including a Special Jury Prize earlier this year at Sundance and a spot on EW’s 2005 Must List. Could this role be the big break that didn’t quite come about with her last high-profile movie gig? While she’s enjoyed guest spots on shows from Buffy and Smallville to The West Wing and The Office, she was supposed to ascend to breakout status a couple years ago with the raves she earned from her prominent role as Brenda, Leonardo DiCaprio’s naive, metal-mouthed fiancée in Catch Me If You Can. Better late than never: Junebug should put her on enough casting directors’ radars to keep her from ever having to return to her early job as a Hooters waitress.
Posted August 9 2005 — 6:59 PM EDT
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Bear Left Then Bear Write'
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist
- See Jay Leno 'tag in' for Jimmy Fallon during 'Tonight Show' monologue
- Charlotte Hornets guard Jeremy Lin to guest on 'Fresh Off the Boat'