Amy Adams is currently earning universal kudos for her scene-stealing turn as Ashley, the pregnant, cheery chatterbox in Junebug (in limited release now), including a Special Jury Prize earlier this year at Sundance and a spot on EW’s 2005 Must List. Could this role be the big break that didn’t quite come about with her last high-profile movie gig? While she’s enjoyed guest spots on shows from Buffy and Smallville to The West Wing and The Office, she was supposed to ascend to breakout status a couple years ago with the raves she earned from her prominent role as Brenda, Leonardo DiCaprio’s naive, metal-mouthed fiancée in Catch Me If You Can. Better late than never: Junebug should put her on enough casting directors’ radars to keep her from ever having to return to her early job as a Hooters waitress.
Posted August 9 2005 — 6:59 PM EDT
- Munich Film Festival to honor Alexander Payne with retrospective
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!