Amy Adams is currently earning universal kudos for her scene-stealing turn as Ashley, the pregnant, cheery chatterbox in Junebug (in limited release now), including a Special Jury Prize earlier this year at Sundance and a spot on EW’s 2005 Must List. Could this role be the big break that didn’t quite come about with her last high-profile movie gig? While she’s enjoyed guest spots on shows from Buffy and Smallville to The West Wing and The Office, she was supposed to ascend to breakout status a couple years ago with the raves she earned from her prominent role as Brenda, Leonardo DiCaprio’s naive, metal-mouthed fiancée in Catch Me If You Can. Better late than never: Junebug should put her on enough casting directors’ radars to keep her from ever having to return to her early job as a Hooters waitress.
Posted August 9 2005 — 6:59 PM EDT
- 'Fast & Furious 8' production heats up in Cuba
- Charlize Theron, Jason Reitman, Diablo Cody reteam on 'Tully'
- Jessica Biel, Clive Owen going 'Invisible' in relationship drama
- 'Outlander': Check out what Claire's going to wear now
- 'The Walking Dead': Hundreds audition for Universal Studios' attraction
- Kiefer Sutherland drama is coming to ABC
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer YOUR burning questions