On her new single ”Mississippi Girl,” Faith Hill insists that fame hasn’t given her a swelled head. It has, however, swelled her ability to sell plastic. Fireflies debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard album chart this week with sales of 329,000. (The one-new-studio-album-every-three-years strategy seems to be working pretty well for her.) Not sure I buy the singer’s I’m-still-a-country-gal spin (neither does EW reviewer Greg Kot, here). Check out the video from her Live 8 performance, still streaming at AOL Music, where she sounds a lot more credible rocking out to Janis Joplin’s ”Piece of My Heart” than on ”Mississippi Girl” two songs later. Which doesn’t mean I can get Hill’s current hit out of my brainpan.
Posted August 10 2005 — 7:04 PM EDT
- Joe Manganiello on how his mini-mart stripping masterpiece in 'Magic Mike XXL' came to be
- 'Magic Mike XXL': Joe Manganiello on THAT scandalous mini-mart scene
- See the full trailer for Danny Boyle & Aaron Sorkin's 'Steve Jobs'
- J Balvin reacts to Trump fallout: Latinos are 'asking to be respected'
- See Ethan confront Harold in exclusive 'Wayward Pines' clip
- Freddie Mercury 'reacts' to Kanye West's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' cover
- What killed 'Superman Lives'?: New clip from doc on Tim Burton-Kevin Smith-Nicolas Cage '90s project
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!