On her new single ”Mississippi Girl,” Faith Hill insists that fame hasn’t given her a swelled head. It has, however, swelled her ability to sell plastic. Fireflies debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard album chart this week with sales of 329,000. (The one-new-studio-album-every-three-years strategy seems to be working pretty well for her.) Not sure I buy the singer’s I’m-still-a-country-gal spin (neither does EW reviewer Greg Kot, here). Check out the video from her Live 8 performance, still streaming at AOL Music, where she sounds a lot more credible rocking out to Janis Joplin’s ”Piece of My Heart” than on ”Mississippi Girl” two songs later. Which doesn’t mean I can get Hill’s current hit out of my brainpan.
Posted August 10 2005 — 7:04 PM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!