On her new single ”Mississippi Girl,” Faith Hill insists that fame hasn’t given her a swelled head. It has, however, swelled her ability to sell plastic. Fireflies debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard album chart this week with sales of 329,000. (The one-new-studio-album-every-three-years strategy seems to be working pretty well for her.) Not sure I buy the singer’s I’m-still-a-country-gal spin (neither does EW reviewer Greg Kot, here). Check out the video from her Live 8 performance, still streaming at AOL Music, where she sounds a lot more credible rocking out to Janis Joplin’s ”Piece of My Heart” than on ”Mississippi Girl” two songs later. Which doesn’t mean I can get Hill’s current hit out of my brainpan.
Posted August 10 2005 — 7:04 PM EDT
- MTV just debuted a new trailer for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Demi Lovato performs 'Cool For The Summer' with Iggy Azalea at VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' star Kim Dickens on the moment that 'destroyed' Madison
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner Dave Erickson breaks down 'So Close, Yet So Far'
- Wes Craven, 'Nightmare on Elm Street' filmmaker, dies at 76
- Nicki Minaj blasts Miley Cyrus at VMAs 2015
- The Weeknd brings Kanye West to his feet with 'Can't Feel My Face' at VMAs
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!