Check out Green Day’s poignant new video for ”Wake Me Up When September Ends.” The seven-minute epic features actress-of-the-moment Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell (left, of Billy Elliot fame) as teenage lovers wrenchingly separated when he enlists in the military and goes off to fight in Iraq. Samuel Bayer, who has directed all of Green Day’s recent videos (and, incidentally, the pep-rally-from-hell clip for Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit”), tells MTV News that ”September” is the best thing he’s ever done – and it’s hard to argue.
Posted August 11 2005 — 7:31 PM EDT
- 'Bye, Felicia': Cookie lashes out at Anika in Empire exclusive clip
- Stream Clare Maguire's new EP 'Don't Mess Me Around'
- 'Walking Dead': Greg Nicotero on cut scenes to 'Remember'
- 'Last Man on Earth' ratings are not the end of the world
- 'Blacklist' return for Ryan Eggold as Tom Keen: First Look
- Electropop artist EZA's 'Headlights' video is a synesthetic breakup jam -- exclusive
- Farewell, Bro: How Matt Fractions 'Hawkeye' changed Marvel Comics