Check out Green Day’s poignant new video for ”Wake Me Up When September Ends.” The seven-minute epic features actress-of-the-moment Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell (left, of Billy Elliot fame) as teenage lovers wrenchingly separated when he enlists in the military and goes off to fight in Iraq. Samuel Bayer, who has directed all of Green Day’s recent videos (and, incidentally, the pep-rally-from-hell clip for Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit”), tells MTV News that ”September” is the best thing he’s ever done – and it’s hard to argue.
Posted August 11 2005 — 7:31 PM EDT
- USA picks up Ryan Phillippe-starring 'Shooter' to series
- 'The Walking Dead': See the first 4 minutes of the midseason premiere
- How Sarah Wayne Callies saved Carol on 'The Walking Dead'
- Samuel L. Jackson circling role in Stephen King's 'Revival'
- Director of R-rated 'Deadpool' is a great big softy: 'I cry easily'
- Daniel Radcliffe to star in Amazon-set thriller 'Jungle'
- Tilda Swinton is the woman of the century in 'A Bigger Splash' trailer
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday