Check out Green Day’s poignant new video for ”Wake Me Up When September Ends.” The seven-minute epic features actress-of-the-moment Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell (left, of Billy Elliot fame) as teenage lovers wrenchingly separated when he enlists in the military and goes off to fight in Iraq. Samuel Bayer, who has directed all of Green Day’s recent videos (and, incidentally, the pep-rally-from-hell clip for Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit”), tells MTV News that ”September” is the best thing he’s ever done – and it’s hard to argue.
Posted August 11 2005 — 7:31 PM EDT
- Justin Timberlake on his voting booth selfie: 'I had no idea!'
- Elijah Wood turned down the chance to fight Daniel Radcliffe
- Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon prove they're totally best friends
- What to Watch Thursday: Joel McHale tackles 'The Great Indoors'
- Justin Timberlake, Jimmy Fallon sing 'Ironic' at summer camp
- 'Survivor': Jeff Probst addresses this week's panic attack
- Twitter rallies behind 'Mockingbird' writer after feminist cover backlash
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers