Check out Green Day’s poignant new video for ”Wake Me Up When September Ends.” The seven-minute epic features actress-of-the-moment Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell (left, of Billy Elliot fame) as teenage lovers wrenchingly separated when he enlists in the military and goes off to fight in Iraq. Samuel Bayer, who has directed all of Green Day’s recent videos (and, incidentally, the pep-rally-from-hell clip for Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit”), tells MTV News that ”September” is the best thing he’s ever done – and it’s hard to argue.
Posted August 11 2005 — 7:31 PM EDT
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!