Another adaptation of Jane Austen’s 1813 staple, Pride and Prejudice? We don’t know what could possibly top Colin Firth in a wet puffy shirt in the 1995 BBC miniseries, but let’s give Keira Knightley a chance to explain. ”It’s a hell of a lot scruffier,” says the actress of this version, directed by British TV vet Joe Wright. ”The costumes look very homemade…and the Bennett house is an absolute pit most of the time.” But a hot leading man was nonnegotiable. ”There are very few manly men on the big screen today — we sort of get these pretty, androgynous types,” says Knightley. ”But it’s so romantic to have someone the size of a real guy — that’s what Matthew [MacFadyen] is.” Mr. Firth, it sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown.
(PRIDE AND PREJUDICE: Alex Bailey)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on how to make the perfect finale (when Nina Dobrev is leaving)
- 'Last Man Standing' replaces showrunner
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!