Two children find a mysterious board game. But when they start playing, the game becomes All Too Real. Uh, sound familiar? Calm down, Jumanji fans: Zathura is based on author Chris Van Allsburg’s follow-up to his own 1981 jungle adventure — only this time, it’s in outer space. Director Jon Favreau worked hard to make his second kid-friendly film adult-friendly, too. ”As a parent, you’re subjected to these movies and you’re so grateful when [it’s] entertaining for everybody,” says the father of two. ”That’s the highest compliment I was paid on Elf: ‘I’ve seen your movie a hundred times and I still like it.”’
(ZATHURA: Merrick Morton)
Posted August 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC
- 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' adds a new cast member