Two children find a mysterious board game. But when they start playing, the game becomes All Too Real. Uh, sound familiar? Calm down, Jumanji fans: Zathura is based on author Chris Van Allsburg’s follow-up to his own 1981 jungle adventure — only this time, it’s in outer space. Director Jon Favreau worked hard to make his second kid-friendly film adult-friendly, too. ”As a parent, you’re subjected to these movies and you’re so grateful when [it’s] entertaining for everybody,” says the father of two. ”That’s the highest compliment I was paid on Elf: ‘I’ve seen your movie a hundred times and I still like it.”’
(ZATHURA: Merrick Morton)
Posted August 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!