Two children find a mysterious board game. But when they start playing, the game becomes All Too Real. Uh, sound familiar? Calm down, Jumanji fans: Zathura is based on author Chris Van Allsburg’s follow-up to his own 1981 jungle adventure — only this time, it’s in outer space. Director Jon Favreau worked hard to make his second kid-friendly film adult-friendly, too. ”As a parent, you’re subjected to these movies and you’re so grateful when [it’s] entertaining for everybody,” says the father of two. ”That’s the highest compliment I was paid on Elf: ‘I’ve seen your movie a hundred times and I still like it.”’
(ZATHURA: Merrick Morton)
Posted August 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First trailer for Zoolander 2 asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!