Two children find a mysterious board game. But when they start playing, the game becomes All Too Real. Uh, sound familiar? Calm down, Jumanji fans: Zathura is based on author Chris Van Allsburg’s follow-up to his own 1981 jungle adventure — only this time, it’s in outer space. Director Jon Favreau worked hard to make his second kid-friendly film adult-friendly, too. ”As a parent, you’re subjected to these movies and you’re so grateful when [it’s] entertaining for everybody,” says the father of two. ”That’s the highest compliment I was paid on Elf: ‘I’ve seen your movie a hundred times and I still like it.”’
(ZATHURA: Merrick Morton)
Posted August 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Lady Gaga rock through 'A-YO,' 'Million Reasons' on 'SNL'
- 'Man With a Plan': Matt LeBlanc on his 'bananas' new show
- 'SNL' sketch turns an innocent Halloween into a wild and crazy night
- 'SNL': Tom Hanks plays 'Black Jeopardy' as a Donald Trump supporter
- Leslie Jones talks website hack on 'SNL' Weekend Update
- Moby reflects on the iPod 15 years later: 'It felt like magic'
- Taylor Swift sings Calvin Harris' 'This Is What You Came For'