Two children find a mysterious board game. But when they start playing, the game becomes All Too Real. Uh, sound familiar? Calm down, Jumanji fans: Zathura is based on author Chris Van Allsburg’s follow-up to his own 1981 jungle adventure — only this time, it’s in outer space. Director Jon Favreau worked hard to make his second kid-friendly film adult-friendly, too. ”As a parent, you’re subjected to these movies and you’re so grateful when [it’s] entertaining for everybody,” says the father of two. ”That’s the highest compliment I was paid on Elf: ‘I’ve seen your movie a hundred times and I still like it.”’
(ZATHURA: Merrick Morton)
Posted August 11 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel