Wong Kar-Wai’s alluring, askew sequel to his voluptuously sad In the Mood for Love is a cinematic bath for the senses. The essential Tony Leung plays a callous literary hack who recalls his relationships with a series of unsatisfied beauties (Ziyi Zhang, Gong Li, and Maggie Cheung) while imagining the year 2046 as a concrete science-fiction destination.
Genre: Foreign Language, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Tony Leung, Ziyi Zhang, Maggie Cheung, Faye Wong; Director: Wong Kar-Wai; Author: Wong Kar-Wai; Release Date Limited: 08/05/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted August 12 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Wahlberg's 'Patriots Day' to close AFI Fest
- Bill Murray shares adorable childhood photo proving his Chicago Cubs fandom
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'