Wong Kar-Wai’s alluring, askew sequel to his voluptuously sad In the Mood for Love is a cinematic bath for the senses. The essential Tony Leung plays a callous literary hack who recalls his relationships with a series of unsatisfied beauties (Ziyi Zhang, Gong Li, and Maggie Cheung) while imagining the year 2046 as a concrete science-fiction destination.
Genre: Foreign Language, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Tony Leung, Ziyi Zhang, Maggie Cheung, Faye Wong; Director: Wong Kar-Wai; Author: Wong Kar-Wai; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal season premiere
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!