Wong Kar-Wai’s alluring, askew sequel to his voluptuously sad In the Mood for Love is a cinematic bath for the senses. The essential Tony Leung plays a callous literary hack who recalls his relationships with a series of unsatisfied beauties (Ziyi Zhang, Gong Li, and Maggie Cheung) while imagining the year 2046 as a concrete science-fiction destination.
Genre: Foreign Language, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Tony Leung, Ziyi Zhang, Maggie Cheung, Faye Wong; Director: Wong Kar-Wai; Author: Wong Kar-Wai; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted August 12 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!