Wong Kar-Wai’s alluring, askew sequel to his voluptuously sad In the Mood for Love is a cinematic bath for the senses. The essential Tony Leung plays a callous literary hack who recalls his relationships with a series of unsatisfied beauties (Ziyi Zhang, Gong Li, and Maggie Cheung) while imagining the year 2046 as a concrete science-fiction destination.
Genre: Foreign Language, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Tony Leung, Ziyi Zhang, Maggie Cheung, Faye Wong; Director: Wong Kar-Wai; Author: Wong Kar-Wai; Release Date Limited: 08/05/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted August 12 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How Ann Coulter hijacked the Rob Lowe roast
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good