Wong Kar-Wai’s alluring, askew sequel to his voluptuously sad In the Mood for Love is a cinematic bath for the senses. The essential Tony Leung plays a callous literary hack who recalls his relationships with a series of unsatisfied beauties (Ziyi Zhang, Gong Li, and Maggie Cheung) while imagining the year 2046 as a concrete science-fiction destination.
Genre: Foreign Language, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Tony Leung, Ziyi Zhang, Maggie Cheung, Faye Wong; Director: Wong Kar-Wai; Author: Wong Kar-Wai; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted August 12 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!