Those first-season Project Runway alums are continuing the grand reality-show tradition of losers becoming real-life winners (see Clay Aiken and Trista Rehn). While champ Jay McCarroll will star in his own Bravo documentary, Project Jay, early next year, runner-up Kara Saun styled TLC’s T-Boz and Chilli for their reality series R U the Girl and Amanda Bynes for What I Like About You. As for fellow losers Kevin Johnn (who’ll continue dressing Heidi Klum for Runway’s season 2) and fan favorite Austin Scarlett, they’ll both unveil their new collections in September during NYC’s Fashion Week. And what about childish, scheming Wendy Pepper? She just opened her own clothing store, and she’s creating a ready-to-wear collection aimed at ”mature” women. Now that’s designing against type.
Posted August 12 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Matthew Broderick joins Broadway's dog play, Sylvia
- Hunter S. Thompson talks outlaws and Hell's Angels in new 'Blank on Blank' clip
- Get a first look at NBC’s new thriller 'Blindspot'
- Little Mix give Whitney Houston and Jason Derulo an awesome gospel-style mash up
- Tig Notaro joins Twitter ahead of HBO special premiere
- Get an exclusive look at 'Young & Hungry's' summer premiere
- Jeff Nichols' 'Midnight Special' has been pushed to 2016
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!