Those first-season Project Runway alums are continuing the grand reality-show tradition of losers becoming real-life winners (see Clay Aiken and Trista Rehn). While champ Jay McCarroll will star in his own Bravo documentary, Project Jay, early next year, runner-up Kara Saun styled TLC’s T-Boz and Chilli for their reality series R U the Girl and Amanda Bynes for What I Like About You. As for fellow losers Kevin Johnn (who’ll continue dressing Heidi Klum for Runway’s season 2) and fan favorite Austin Scarlett, they’ll both unveil their new collections in September during NYC’s Fashion Week. And what about childish, scheming Wendy Pepper? She just opened her own clothing store, and she’s creating a ready-to-wear collection aimed at ”mature” women. Now that’s designing against type.
Posted August 12 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- President Obama talks 'The Wire' with creator David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!