Kudos to CBS for hiring Ellen DeGeneres again to host the Emmys. She did such a stellar job four years ago, rescuing the awards show after 9/11, and she’s certainly on top of her game now. She’s got her work cut out for her lifting the show out of the ratings slump it’s been in for the last couple of years, but she sounds ready for the job. ”You know me,” she said in a statement, ”any excuse to put on a dress.” I just hope she doesn’t have to recuse herself as host if her girlfriend’s show, Arrested Development, wins big.
Posted August 15 2005 — 1:49 PM EDT
- Sutton Foster and Stephen Colbert update 'Cats' with realistic lyrics
- How well do you know 'Zoolander'?
- 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' conjures up new trailer
- Benedict Cumberbatch interviewed Tom Hiddleston for a magazine
- Jimmy Kimmel's Troompa Loompas mock Donald Trump's debate performance
- Kate Hudson nails this classic on a 'Tonight Show' commercial break
- Shannen Doherty shares touching wedding photo on Instagram