Kudos to CBS for hiring Ellen DeGeneres again to host the Emmys. She did such a stellar job four years ago, rescuing the awards show after 9/11, and she’s certainly on top of her game now. She’s got her work cut out for her lifting the show out of the ratings slump it’s been in for the last couple of years, but she sounds ready for the job. ”You know me,” she said in a statement, ”any excuse to put on a dress.” I just hope she doesn’t have to recuse herself as host if her girlfriend’s show, Arrested Development, wins big.
Posted August 15 2005 — 1:49 PM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!