Kudos to CBS for hiring Ellen DeGeneres again to host the Emmys. She did such a stellar job four years ago, rescuing the awards show after 9/11, and she’s certainly on top of her game now. She’s got her work cut out for her lifting the show out of the ratings slump it’s been in for the last couple of years, but she sounds ready for the job. ”You know me,” she said in a statement, ”any excuse to put on a dress.” I just hope she doesn’t have to recuse herself as host if her girlfriend’s show, Arrested Development, wins big.
Posted August 15 2005 — 1:49 PM EDT
- How Ice Cube's son really got his breakout role in 'Straight Outta Compton'
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best comedic actor nominees
- Jason Bateman is suspicious of Joel Edgerton in exclusive clip of 'The Gift'
- 'X-Men' alum Famke Janssen joins 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Bottoms up! Here's your 'Bachelor in Paradise' drinking game
- New Dirk Gently TV show in the works from Chronicle writer
- See Joseph Gordon-Levitt try Snapchat for the first time
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!