Kudos to CBS for hiring Ellen DeGeneres again to host the Emmys. She did such a stellar job four years ago, rescuing the awards show after 9/11, and she’s certainly on top of her game now. She’s got her work cut out for her lifting the show out of the ratings slump it’s been in for the last couple of years, but she sounds ready for the job. ”You know me,” she said in a statement, ”any excuse to put on a dress.” I just hope she doesn’t have to recuse herself as host if her girlfriend’s show, Arrested Development, wins big.
Posted August 15 2005 — 1:49 PM EDT
- 'Tyrant' renewed for season 3
- AMC renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' for third season
- The 10 most influential pop culture moments since 1990
- 'Nashville': Lennon and Maisy on 'How Can I Help You Say Goodbye'
- Matt Bomer dishes on getting naked for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'Wolf by Wolf' author Ryan Graudin shares an excerpt and reveals plans for a sequel -- exclusive
- See how special effects helped bring 'Sicario' to life