Kudos to CBS for hiring Ellen DeGeneres again to host the Emmys. She did such a stellar job four years ago, rescuing the awards show after 9/11, and she’s certainly on top of her game now. She’s got her work cut out for her lifting the show out of the ratings slump it’s been in for the last couple of years, but she sounds ready for the job. ”You know me,” she said in a statement, ”any excuse to put on a dress.” I just hope she doesn’t have to recuse herself as host if her girlfriend’s show, Arrested Development, wins big.
Posted August 15 2005 — 1:49 PM EDT
- Beyoncé brings down the house at the VMAs with 'Lemonade'
- Kanye West premieres provocative 'Fade' music video at VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': Kim Dickens on Madison's drunken escapades
- Kanye West calls out Taylor, Amber in wide-ranging VMAs speech
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner explains latest twist
- 'Power': Lela Loren on filming FBI interrogation scenes
- Calvin Harris wins Best Male Video VMA over Drake and Kanye West