Here’s a ska-meets-hardcore band that Noam Chomsky could love. War Profiteering Is Killing Us All, the Detroit rabble-rousers’ sixth album pushes their anticorporate, antiwar, anti-apathy message to cartoonish extremes. Even when the boys pull back to allow a touch of Caribbean melody to creep through their punk screeds, The Suicide Machines see only ”total destruction, total collapse” and ”Capitalist Suicide.” Otherwise, the polka-beat tempos are revved so high that the 13 songs blow past in 31 minutes. After all, who’s got time to waste when Western civilization is about to crumble?
War Profiteering Is Killing Us All Here's a ska-meets-hardcore band that Noam Chomsky could love. War Profiteering Is Killing Us All, the Detroit rabble-rousers' sixth...War Profiteering Is Killing Us AllRock Here's a ska-meets-hardcore band that Noam Chomsky could love. War Profiteering Is Killing Us All, the Detroit rabble-rousers' sixth...2005-08-15
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Side One Dummy
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More