The opening line is a big clue — ”You’re gonna break my heart, I know it” — that Scottish singer Malcom Middleton (of mordant rockers Arab Strap) is one dour, cynical fellow with an accent thicker than porridge. This tuneful disc of U.K. mope rock — Into the Woods — isn’t all suffering, however. Middleton’s dark humor, silly puns (”Bear With Me”), and vibrant arrangements bring some sunlight and warmth to his lager-soaked heart.
Into the Woods (Music - Malcolm Middleton) The opening line is a big clue — ''You're gonna break my heart, I know it'' — that Scottish singer Malcom Middleton (of mordant rockers...Into the Woods (Music - Malcolm Middleton)Indie Rock The opening line is a big clue — ''You're gonna break my heart, I know it'' — that Scottish singer Malcom Middleton (of mordant rockers...2005-08-15
Genre: Indie Rock; Lead Performer: Malcolm Middleton; Producer (group): Chemikal Underground
Posted August 15 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lil Wayne debuts his 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- Taylor Swift, Jimmy Fallon, more celebs spend July 4 on Instagram, Twitter
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!