Sean Combs is back with a new name this week, and though expectations were high, the results are less than scintillating. While ”Diddy” scores points for brevity and ease of pronunciation, it lacks the zippy charm of the groundbreaking ”Puff Daddy,” and fails to expound the themes of his most recent moniker, ”P. Diddy.” Achieving neither the audaciousness of Prince’s unpronounceable symbol, nor the sly mystic qualities of Madonna’s ”Madge,” Combs might just as well have called himself ”Duddy.” Maybe next time.
Posted August 16 2005 — 12:47 PM EDT
- Lady Gaga is headlining the Super Bowl halftime show
- 'The Greasy Strangler' producers on their 'shocking' horror-comedy
- Kevin James stars in 'True Memoirs of an International Assassin' trailer
- 'Portlandia' slammed by feminist bookstore used on the show
- WATCH: How is 'Younger' like a bubble bath and a glass of rosé?
- WATCH 'Outlander' EP describe U.K. show that's just people watching TV
- 'Arrow': Susanna Thompson returning for 100th episode