Sean Combs is back with a new name this week, and though expectations were high, the results are less than scintillating. While ”Diddy” scores points for brevity and ease of pronunciation, it lacks the zippy charm of the groundbreaking ”Puff Daddy,” and fails to expound the themes of his most recent moniker, ”P. Diddy.” Achieving neither the audaciousness of Prince’s unpronounceable symbol, nor the sly mystic qualities of Madonna’s ”Madge,” Combs might just as well have called himself ”Duddy.” Maybe next time.
Posted August 16 2005 — 12:47 PM EDT
- Run the Jewels release 360-degree 'Crown' video
- 'Sharknado: The 4th Awakens' announces celebrity cameos
- See Gosling and Crowe in exclusive Mondo poster for 'The Nice Guys'
- 'Star Wars' actor John Boyega lands first major theater role
- Woody Allen first saw Miley Cyrus in 'Hannah Montana'
- Seth Rogen on 'Superbad': Some jokes were 'blatantly homophobic'
- Prince looked into drug addiction treatment ahead of death: report