Undeclared is the kind of show that makes people hate network television: After premiering in 2001, Judd Apatow’s earnestly funny look at college-dorm sociology was quickly futzed to death on Fox’s schedule. At least this 17-episode eulogy allows us to preserve the endearingly neurotic freshman class: Steve (Baruchel), the gawky string bean who’s constantly out-cooled by his newly bachelorized dad (the jubilant Loudon Wainwright); Ron (Seth Rogen), the barrel-chested armchair commentator; and Lizzie (Gallo), the naive crush-object. Together, they endure awkward sex, nutty professors, and queasy frat-hazing rituals with the knotty, witty emotionalism you’d expect from the people behind Freaks and Geeks. EXTRAS An unaired episode with crucial plot developments; numerous deleted scenes (including the self-mocking Ted Nugent cameo); and group commentaries, some insightful, some uneven in that we-gotta-say-something-witty-now way.
Posted August 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kendrick Lamar puts on artsy 'These Walls' performance for 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'
- Tilda Swinton in talks for 'Doctor Strange'
- Jesse Plemons, Domhnall Gleeson join Tom Cruise for 'Mena'
- ‘Hocus Pocus’ stage show will haunt Disney World this Halloween
- Young Thug wants to call his next mixtape 'Carter V'
- Former Girls frontman Christopher Owens drops new album
- 'Pawn Sacrifice' trailer shows Bobby Fischer's greatest struggles
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!