Undeclared is the kind of show that makes people hate network television: After premiering in 2001, Judd Apatow’s earnestly funny look at college-dorm sociology was quickly futzed to death on Fox’s schedule. At least this 17-episode eulogy allows us to preserve the endearingly neurotic freshman class: Steve (Baruchel), the gawky string bean who’s constantly out-cooled by his newly bachelorized dad (the jubilant Loudon Wainwright); Ron (Seth Rogen), the barrel-chested armchair commentator; and Lizzie (Gallo), the naive crush-object. Together, they endure awkward sex, nutty professors, and queasy frat-hazing rituals with the knotty, witty emotionalism you’d expect from the people behind Freaks and Geeks. EXTRAS An unaired episode with crucial plot developments; numerous deleted scenes (including the self-mocking Ted Nugent cameo); and group commentaries, some insightful, some uneven in that we-gotta-say-something-witty-now way.
Posted August 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!