In The Wedding Date a brokenhearted singleton (Debra Messing) travels to London for her chilly sister’s wedding with a hot male escort in tow. Why it works: Dermot Mulroney’s stoic demeanor means you don’t enter a total sugar coma when he delivers lines like ”I’d rather fight with you than make love with anyone else.” Also, we see tush. EXTRAS Messing’s commentary reveals that the sisters’ relationship originally included even harsher dialogue, and that she liked the darker tone. The DVD, meanwhile, could’ve used some lightening up. Messing tells us that Mulroney forwent the ”modesty patch” when filming his shower scene, and that multiple takes were shot to get her reaction just right, but none appear here. At least we find out why the bachelorette guests were dressed like golfer girls gone wild: They were playing ”pub golf,” which means doing shots at nine different drinking holes. So how come Messing’s penalty-strokes-for-vomiting tutorial ended up on the cutting-room floor?
(The Wedding Date: Eugene Adebari)
Starring: Debra Messing, Dermot Mulroney; Starring: Jeremy Sheffield; Director: Clare Kilner; Release Date Wide: 02/04/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jason Clarke prepares the team for the journey ahead in 'Everest' clip
- R. Kelly says he wrote 462 songs for his new album, and they're all hits
- 'Vampire Diaries' cast recalls what it was like working with Nina Dobrev
- The best VMA moments, according to Facebook
- Dylan's Candy Bar is celebrating 'Mean Girls' with themed candy
- 11 outrageous moments from Miley Cyrus' surprise album
- 'Faking It' season 2B supertease: Karma and Amy pretend to be a couple again — exclusive
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!