In The Wedding Date a brokenhearted singleton (Debra Messing) travels to London for her chilly sister’s wedding with a hot male escort in tow. Why it works: Dermot Mulroney’s stoic demeanor means you don’t enter a total sugar coma when he delivers lines like ”I’d rather fight with you than make love with anyone else.” Also, we see tush. EXTRAS Messing’s commentary reveals that the sisters’ relationship originally included even harsher dialogue, and that she liked the darker tone. The DVD, meanwhile, could’ve used some lightening up. Messing tells us that Mulroney forwent the ”modesty patch” when filming his shower scene, and that multiple takes were shot to get her reaction just right, but none appear here. At least we find out why the bachelorette guests were dressed like golfer girls gone wild: They were playing ”pub golf,” which means doing shots at nine different drinking holes. So how come Messing’s penalty-strokes-for-vomiting tutorial ended up on the cutting-room floor?
(The Wedding Date: Eugene Adebari)
Starring: Debra Messing, Dermot Mulroney; Starring: Jeremy Sheffield; Director: Clare Kilner; Release Date Wide: 02/04/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lil Wayne debuts his 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- Taylor Swift, Jimmy Fallon, more celebs spend July 4 on Instagram, Twitter
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!