Hey, celebs: If you were born in the U.K. or its Commonwealth, you’re eligible for immortalization on the new Avenue of the Stars, London’s answer to Hollywood Blvd. The selection committee has released the names of the first 18 honorees, living and dead, including: Laurence Olivier, The Rolling Stones (but not the Beatles?), Charlie Chaplin, Ricky Gervais, Alfred Hitchcock, John Cleese (but not the rest of Monty Python?), Dame Edna, a few folks no one in America has heard of (Ant and Dec, Tommy Cooper), and Nicole Kidman (wasn’t she born in Honolulu?). Clearly, the committee needs help. PopWatch readers, do your thing.
Posted August 17 2005 — 1:16 PM EDT
- 'Master of None' renewed for season 2, coming 2017
- 'Roots' remake gets intense first trailer
- How 'Street Fighter V' will be 'the dominant fighting game of this generation'
- Kanye West reveals album cover for 'The Life of Pablo'
- See the first trailer for HBO's Mike Nichols documentary
- Dashboard Confessional: 'Emo' goes mainstream in 'Jeopardy!' answer