Hey, celebs: If you were born in the U.K. or its Commonwealth, you’re eligible for immortalization on the new Avenue of the Stars, London’s answer to Hollywood Blvd. The selection committee has released the names of the first 18 honorees, living and dead, including: Laurence Olivier, The Rolling Stones (but not the Beatles?), Charlie Chaplin, Ricky Gervais, Alfred Hitchcock, John Cleese (but not the rest of Monty Python?), Dame Edna, a few folks no one in America has heard of (Ant and Dec, Tommy Cooper), and Nicole Kidman (wasn’t she born in Honolulu?). Clearly, the committee needs help. PopWatch readers, do your thing.
Posted August 17 2005 — 1:16 PM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel