Hey, celebs: If you were born in the U.K. or its Commonwealth, you’re eligible for immortalization on the new Avenue of the Stars, London’s answer to Hollywood Blvd. The selection committee has released the names of the first 18 honorees, living and dead, including: Laurence Olivier, The Rolling Stones (but not the Beatles?), Charlie Chaplin, Ricky Gervais, Alfred Hitchcock, John Cleese (but not the rest of Monty Python?), Dame Edna, a few folks no one in America has heard of (Ant and Dec, Tommy Cooper), and Nicole Kidman (wasn’t she born in Honolulu?). Clearly, the committee needs help. PopWatch readers, do your thing.
Posted August 17 2005 — 1:16 PM EDT
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'